Red Sox play the Yankees Tonight

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
At least you already have a blue face, so it doesn't show.
I know it, good thing, it's just this steam coming out of my ears I have trouble with. Tough to hide.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
SOXSOXSOX

Schilling, with his actual red sock from his bleeding tendon, that'll go down in baseball lore. Most newspapers were carrying a photo of that today, that's twice now he's pitched in that condition. They've got it basically stapled onto his ankle till the Series is over and he can get proper surgery.
Now on to old St. Louie, the Cards loooove playing at home so next couple of games are going to be nailbiters. Sox had better clean up their defense, first only two errors in the playoffs and now, error city. OY. Great, great baseball, zowie.

SOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOX

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Cardinals couldn't do more to capitalize on those errors. Bad for St. Louie, good for Beantown. We'll see how the Sox fare in Cardinal country, I think this is when it's going to get fun.

Beebers

Reaction score
Yeah, the sportswriters are all saying it's just plain fatigue with the Cardinals; one wrote that they "look gassed" already.

But we'll see, a day's break and home field should help, and it may well go to seven games. Great stuff no matter what happens.

There's been a lot of really good writing lately about the class, durability and all-around goodness of both teams - both venerable clubs, and it's good to see both of them getting the recognition they've earned over decades and decades of baseball.

On to tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
You're right about the classiness of the teams, Beebers. It's refreshing to see two deserving teams fighting tooth and nail (even if they are tired. This off-day should be good for the Cards).

Tomorrow brings more baseball!

McFraggle

Reaction score
The Red Sox are now up 3 games to none, if they lose it now they have nobody to blame but themselves. :halo:

Beebers

Reaction score
Well, they're acutely aware of that - they know the Cards are now where they themselves were just days ago and they're not going to relax at this point.

Last night's game was almost . . . sedate, if such a word can be applied to a Series match. It was a quiet game. But the Sox pitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic night for Pedro, he really delivered.

The Cards seem to have lost fire, maybe fatigue, but it's too bad.

The outfield, both sides, sure were slip-slidin' away in all that wet clay out there, some of that was pretty funny to watch.

On to Game Four.