Red Sox play the Yankees Tonight

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Red Sox Win--Again!!

Incredibly, the Red Sox just won Game 6!! No baseball team has ever forced a Game 7 after trailing 3-0--until now. The last 48 hours of baseball have been absolutely insane. One more game to go and-- especially at this point in the series--who knows what will happen?

I'm rooting for the Sox only because they're the lesser of two evils, but I've got to give them credit for rallying back. Plus, if they win the series we don't have to listen to their fans whine about The Curse or any other nonsense.

As for the NLCS, I'm pulling for the Astros. Carlos Beltran has been a one-man highlight reel the last couple games and the "Killer B's" (Biggio/Bagwell) are long overdue for a title.

Beebers

Reaction score
SOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOX.

I will be arrested for dancing in the street tonight, and Muley will have to come spring me.

SOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOX.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
anybody but those **** Yankees...

in NLCS, both teams suck (go Cubbies) mainly because the astros and the cards are teams we Cub fans hate with a serious amount of regularity...Brewers too, for I cannot think of Sausage World fans who come down to Wrigley, ruin homefield, and ruin my first time in Wrigley. they also are **** yankees.

BJ

Beebers

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
anybody but those **** Yankees...

in NLCS, both teams suck (go Cubbies) mainly because the astros and the cards are teams we Cub fans hate with a serious amount of regularity...Brewers too, for I cannot think of Sausage World fans who come down to Wrigley, ruin homefield, and ruin my first time in Wrigley. they also are **** yankees.
Did they do that? What did they do, storm the field? That's terrible. I like the Cubs too - Sox have my first loyalty always but there are other teams I like and do root for when the Sox aren't in the playoffs. I was rabid about the Orioles for years, when they were a good club with some tremendous players. P.S. when Sox lose I don't complain about The Curse, I don't believe in it. Not all Sox fans do lol, and I wish they'd forget that theory entirely.

:cool:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Carlos Beltran is the man. Fans here in Kansas City did not appreciate him enough. Now the whole world knows who he is and he's going to command a monster contract this off-season. However, I've read and heard some of the comments he's made this offseason. Sounds like he's evolved from humble hero to prima donna.
Speaking of former Kansas City Royals, how many made the playoffs this year? Let's see...Mayne, Lima, Leskanic, Beltran, Damon, Offerman, Suppan...where was all that playoff magic when you guys were with the Royals huh? Huh? 106 losses this year. Unbelievable.

Hate the Yanks, hate the Yanks, hate the Yanks. Stupid Yankees got theirs last night, and now you know they're hitting the panic button. I hope Fox gives us a lot of shots of Steinbrenner squirming in his seat. What's wrong guys? Can't beat a gimpy pitcher (even if it is Schilling)? One astronomic payroll versus another astronomic payroll and what do we get? One heckuva series thanks to Ortiz & Co. Pound those Yanks into the ground guys!

ceecee

Reaction score
REDSox!!!!

They are fun for me to root for because they have 2 ex-Twins: David Ortiz (who is playing A LOT better than he did for the Twins) and Doug Mientkiewicz.

Yes, I can spell Mientkiewicz (pronounced Mint-kay-vich). When he played for Minnesota, there was this promo on radio broadcasts. It was this song that taught you how to spell it. The song is not exclusive to the Twins, so we can still sing it.

"Doug Mientkiewicz...his size and speed are due to genetics..
He's a tribute to the joy of phoenetics...
M-I-E-N-T-K-I-E-W-I-C-Z...
I know it sounds crazy, but that's how you spell Mientkiewicz (Mienkiewicz!)
Put 'Doug' in front, and you've got his name
Why don't you come on out and see a game...
And cheer for Doug Mientkiewicz!"
Announcer: "Doug Mientkiewicz...say it, don't spray it"

Sorry for my Dougie rant. I miss him :cry: . Hopefully he can get a World Series ring. Since the Twins can't seem to get very far. :cry:

Go Red Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
ceecee said:
They are fun for me to root for because they have 2 ex-Twins: David Ortiz (who is playing A LOT better than he did for the Twins) and Doug Mientkiewicz.
I hear you there. Ortiz's turnaround the last couple seasons has been amazing. How nice would it have been for the Twins to have THIS Ortiz batting behind Torii Hunter and Justin Morneau against the Yankees? Sigh.

ceecee

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :smile:

It's the World Series, with a very special team, the Boston Red Sox!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Johnny Damon, another ex-Royal...I miss him, even if he does look like the lost 13th apostle (or is it 14th...after Rufus?) He spanked Vazquez last night! That was soo cool!

Maybe the Astros will win tonight and we will see a battle between two former Royals center fielders in the WS.