Reflections in Foam

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooh... *Awes the telling of Clifford's story. You used elements from Kevin's own bio didn't you? It's so gooood... Please post more when you can, and don't forget about Desire either.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Very cool, I like the song too, nice choice. You keep building suspense at the end of each chapter as to who it is that is struggling. I love it, must read more!

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 8 - The Swedish Chef's Story

Chef stood in front of the stove, enthusiastically shaking spices over the ham as it lifted its front legs and splashed water up and over himself. Rowlf shook his head at the scene and motioned to Clifford that they should go pick up some take out.

Clifford chuckled at the scene as he said to Rowlf “Taking advantage of the fact that Miss Piggy and the rest are out of the house I see.”

They ducked out as the spices hit the wall and Chef began to dance enthusiastically around the kitchen looking for the utensils that he had abandoned earlier. His mind reeled as he though of the little green frog he had talked to the day before.

Gee, I hope I told him everything. Grabbing the rope he walked back over to his ham and set the oven, preparing to immobilize the little creature. I also hope he writes everything down correctly. It’s amazing the things that these people don’t understand around here. He looked so confused as I told him of the Japanese boarding school that I grew up in and our little farm out in the mountains of Sweden that we had before illness claimed my family.

Momentarily he lost his train of thought as his intentions of starting to cook his ham we waylaid by a little wrestling match.

But the little green froggy seemed much more concerned by why I am here with them and how I came to meet his uncle. As if I could ever forget that. He made it all right for me, he made everything bearable in this strange country. Yes, Kermit is the only one who understands me.

I was so scared as I left the farm. I wanted to be independent and not rely on my uncles elsewhere. I had nowhere else to go, America is supposed to be the free place for everyone to live how they want so I set sail with so many others looking for a dream.

Feeling somewhat dejected, Chef sat hog tied in the middle of the dining room floor as the ham ran off laughing. His looked around to figure out what else he could make for dinner as he waited for Rowlf and Clifford to return from their outing. His mind drifted back to his arrival in America as he waited.

When the boat docked all I could think about was the fact that I wanted to be successful. But I didn’t’ have the desirable skills that everyone else on the boat did. I wasn’t a potato farmer, sure didn’t know anything about building, and couldn’t do anything with numbers. All my family would let me do on the farm was cook and American men sure didn’t do that.

“I’m telling you Jim, he’s here. I had a dream about him. I just know he has to be here,” was all I heard before I tripped over the green frog landing square on my face.

“Yes, Kermit, I see that now. He’ll fit right in.”

It’s amazing that they just accepted me and even wanted me to help with on tv. They asked me to share my expertise with the world. I loved the fact that I was finally…

The Chef quickly forgot the memories as he watched the ham come running back towards him an apple in his hoof and his friends carrying a very large pot.

“Nu! Yuoo cun't du thees tu me-a. I em zee cheff. Heelp! Heelp! Heelp!” he cried as he very slowly worked the ropes free to get out of his latest cooking disaster.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... Melissa, I have to give you points here. Not only did you give us the Swedish Chef's story, but you wove it seemlessly into what could be a good sketch for the show itself.
Extra points for tieing in the fact that the Chef's native language is mock-Japanese. Bit of added info, the character of the Swedish Chef started out as Chef Bernardi on a Muppet appearance on the Mike Douglas show.

Pity he's become a victim of his own culinary prowess... Liked this so much.
Please post more.

And I'd love it if the next story was someone from Sesame Street, since it looks we've gone through all the members of the troop who were at the boarding house when Robin started this plan of his.

Java

Reaction score
That's the plan Ed. How far is it from Hensonville to Sesame Street apporximatley?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure... I know that you have to head off of on Exit 1-2-3, marked by the overhanging sign that states so... The other help I can provide is that it was mentioned in one of Sara's fanfics, but I don't know which one. Its the one where the gang heads off from Hensonville to Sesame Street for the fictional funeral of her mom.

Hope this helps.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great chapter, I like it that you looked inside the Swedish Chef's mind. It's a neat way to tell his story, through his thoughts. Very cool. Can't wait to see what's next.

As for Hensonville to Sesame Street, I'm not really sure, I usually say you can make the trip in a day.

Java

Reaction score
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure that the trip to Sesame Street wasn't quick as Robin is driving Scooter crazy at the moment. But you'll see that when the chapter gets posted.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
D: Omg....

I have been reading---do not worry moi has been keeping an eye on this wonderful fic! I just silently marvel at how wonderful you are. You can paint out scenes and give it life in a way that is sooo rare! I actually get alot of muse by reading your stuff. I loved Chef's story btw...my heart broke at how vulnerable he seemed at some point but somehow had a bright side to his story and just when I got so into his story...

he went back to talking in the normal way and that made me feel sympathetic.

<3 I.Love.This.Story.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well, I figured it to be an hour or an hour and a half drive away from Hensonville.