regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

beaker

Reaction score
Well, first we have the 6" line. Then we have the 12"+ line coming...any chance we could see a mini 3" line? They are starting to do that with the Simpsons, and for a lot of us collectors raised on the late 70's/80's standard sized stuff this would be great!(ie: around that Robot Rabbit size)
It's only natural...we have regular, and mega soon, we need minis! Also, this way we could get much more characters, with less attention to sculpt and stuff.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Well, first we have the 6" line. Then we have the 12"+ line coming...any chance we could see a mini 3" line? They are starting to do that with the Simpsons, and for a lot of us collectors raised on the late 70's/80's standard sized stuff this would be great!(ie: around that Robot Rabbit size)
It's only natural...we have regular, and mega soon, we need minis! Also, this way we could get much more characters, with less attention to sculpt and stuff.

YOU mean the Simpsons BLOCKO figures that no one is buying and are on clearance?
NO WAY!! If you want mini figures, it was in a previous thread that the Mediacom company in Japan was doing a series under their Kubrick imprint.

I would not expect Palisades to make these, based on the tepid reaction you all gave to the up-sized Beaker.

Luke

Reaction score
Are we on this subject AGAIN Cory ? :big_grin:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Not Blockos

I think he's refering to those new episode mini figures. They come six in a pack and look just like the regular figures, only smaller.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Are we on this subject AGAIN Cory ? :big_grin:
This was disscussed before? I need to start paying attention to stuff.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I think he's refering to those new episode mini figures. They come six in a pack and look just like the regular figures, only smaller<<<

yes these great figures which are the size I prefer...and no this isnt referring to the lame kubrick wannabes...ick!

hey luke...this wasnt brought up before...this is in response to the mega thread.

Luke

Reaction score
Cory,

You've been going on about having 3 or 4" action figures for as long as i've known you - when figures were announced you posted how dissapointed you were that these wouldn't be smaller figures.

Personally, i think small versions would be more popular than the Mega line if they all come together in a pack or something so people could have mini versions of the larger figures without paying the price for them. I think fans would accept it more becasue they are small. wheras with the large line they want it to have additional stuff becasue they are paying the price of a playset for it.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Yes, it's an excellent idea

He's not talking about Blockos. He's refering to something similar to the new Simpsons mini-figures. I just did a review, so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_INDEX.htm

I think this is a fantastic idea, and having them themed around specific episodes would work perfectly for the Muppets. It also opens up the possibility of playsets of larger or more extensive areas than you can do in larger scales.

But I think Palisades is smart enough to be paying attention to such trends.

Michael
MWC

radionate

Reaction score
I would be all for some smaller PVC muppet sets from Palisades. This would be the perfect place to fit in characters that wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't be included in the normal figure line.

And maybe they could do a couple of Alice sets with ALL the characters, including Humpty Dumpty, and a tea party playset.

OMG. I'm too excited now. Gonna go take some Paxel.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Personally, i think small versions would be more popular than the Mega line if they all come together in a pack or something so people could have mini versions of the larger figures without paying the price for them. I think fans would accept it more becasue they are small. wheras with the large line they want it to have additional stuff becasue they are paying the price of a playset for it.<<<

I agree 100%! IF any Palisades are reading this...all I have to say is that if a set package of like six minis(ie: 3'4" of tms) were produced...say ya got Kermit, beaker, teeth, sam, gonzo, and
janice...these things would sell better than anything palisades has out there. why? because for about $12 or $15 you would get 5 or six characters instead of one big one for $25, or a regular one for $9. I try to sound supportive of palisades tms line, but luke I have to agree about your thoughts on a mega. I think it would be seriously a better movie to do what playmates has done with the 3" set of 5 or 6 simpsons mini figures, then making collossally huge $25 ones. Luke, can you just smell the 25% mark down stickers in six months?