regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Ahem,

Yes, I, queen of the anti-Muppet figure threads, agrees with you, Corey, that the idea of mini-figures would be fab! There is just something about little figures that appeals. And... smaller PVC figures are would be less likely to break (ahem), and cheaper to boot. I say bring them on... even *I* might buy one or two.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I think this is a fantastic idea, and having them themed around specific episodes would work perfectly for the Muppets. It also opens up the possibility of playsets of larger or more extensive areas than you can do in larger scales.

But I think Palisades is smart enough to be paying attention to such trends<<<

dude, I would probably faint if I heard plans like this come from Ken. That would truly be a lifelong dream, but unfortunately were getting mega figures which I creally cant say im stoked about.

I also think perhaps Palisades unfortunately has their plate too full for these, an dmaybe Fisher Price or someone else would have to make these. But its one thing as us fans to realize how well these will sell...heck Im more excited about the simpsons minis then i am about the actual ongoing 6" line.

But then its hard to announce this to Palisades. Really, I doubt any input from MC lead to the idea of a mega muppet...which is basically just a huge 2up on beaker.

ok luke...ya got me...I feel this mega idea isnt...so mega. I guess its just the idea of more beaker stuff that I thought was cool *sigh*

Ok...those simpsons mini figures you reviewed ARE TOO DARN COOL!!!!!! Ken, are you reading this???

These are what we want TMS wise:
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_072902a.htm

Themed 3-4" inch minis with limited articulation.

While there is less than big enthusiasm for megas, I smell unanimous support if these were to be made.
Just think of the theme possibilities, and the fact you would get 5 or 6 to a pack for the price of one EB exclusive!

Palisades or someone else: BRING OUT THE TMS MINIS!

radionate

Reaction score
Think about what we could have:

The boxes could be themed around the set:

An At the Dance Sequence with Piggy, Kermit, Mildred, George, and two Frackles!

Backstage Antics with Props (trees, etc), gaffer, Scooter, Kermit and his desk

A whole set of the Electric Mayhem.

Just think of the possibilites. (it's kinda like the bucket O'Monsters idea awhile back)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Yes, I, queen of the anti-Muppet figure threads, agrees with you, Corey, that the idea of mini-figures would be fab! There is just something about little figures that appeals. And... smaller PVC figures are would be less likely to break (ahem), and cheaper to boot. I say bring them on... even *I* might buy one or two.<<<

yeah, I am very bored of the figure threads, hehe. Oh yeah, economics is another thing. Im always broke, as Im sure a lot of people are...and what better way to be able to get a whole set muppets for say $15(or better $10 or $12) then if Palisades or another company made TMS minis like the Simpsons ones.
There really is something more special about 3-4" inch figures/pvcs then big ol mcfarlane styled ones.

SAVE THE PLASTIC on the MEGAS, make the MINIS!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>A whole set of the Electric Mayhem.

Just think of the possibilites. (it's kinda like the bucket O'Monsters idea awhile back)<<<

oh yes!!! FOLKS...a whole set of Electric Mayhem for under $20!!!
Do you realize we'll have to wait til who knows when to have a complete electric mayhem. Why Ken and the gang could be able to make those dream list characters and figures that in the 6" line would take forever to come out in.

>>>Backstage Antics with Props (trees, etc), gaffer, Scooter, Kermit and his desk<<<

oh man...I cant tell you how cool this would be.

I want to express that the possibilities are endless with a 4" line.
If there is any way the TMS equivalent of the WOS minis can happen(ie: 3-4", limited articulation, themed) I say we all bug em til they make them.

From wayyyy cheaper costs to make em, faster sellers(WAY FASTER sellers than the 6" line) infinite character and theme possibilities...there is no logical reason why these should not be made ASAP.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i am in agreement to everyone - i definitely would want these. I don't particulary think themed sets though - i think maybe release them in like a wave pack alongside each wave of the regular line figures so you have the choice of small or large but have the small wave coming out slightly later like the Simpsons have done so it doesnt affect the regular line sales. I don't particularly think Palisades needs to create anything new for themes or costumes - just downsize the regular line sculpts, that way its the whole same idea as the Mega Beaker thing.

I think we all must have worked out that the reason there is a Mega line so early is because a lot of the design and sculpt work exists already to make them, it wasn't called for by the fans or anything. It's a way of getting an extra product line out there while the figures are still popular, bringing in the bucks without too much expenditure or buying another license - makes perfect business sense to me, and in a similar sense this small line would work on exactly the same level !

I do though maybe feel that with the Mega line, AND the regular line already out there this might be oversaturating the market. We've gotta face it sooner or later - the figures are made in fairly small quantities compared to the Simpsons, stocked in less places, and we are on a Muppet site, no wonder we hear so much enthusiasm and sell out news. I'll be interested to see if the mainstream market are still raving about Palisades TMS figures by wave 3 or 4 (lets face it - every single other Muppet line over the last ten years hasn't fared all that well after the initial burst of excitement). If it all keeps up and does well after wave 3 (and with a possible TV show on air it could well do) - i say there perhaps is an opportunity sales wise to introduce the mini line !!!!!

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Gotta disagree...

I don't want mini's of the exact same figures I'm getting in another format. What do I need them for?

I want figures I WON'T get in the other format, simply because a one shot costume or episode specific version of a second string character wouldn't sell enough. But packed with other figures from the same show, in smaller format - voila! I'll be happy to buy.

Michael
MWC

beaker

Reaction score
>>>
I think we all must have worked out that the reason there is a Mega line so early is because a lot of the design and sculpt work exists already to make them, it wasn't called for by the fans or anything<<<

my goodness, i just had the same thought...all the mega beaker is is a big 2up from the 6" sculpt...all they would need to do is to simpsons mini-fy the existing line. or something similait to Wos minis.

>>>I do though maybe feel that with the Mega line, AND the regular line already out there this might be oversaturating the market. <<<

I disagree...being a person with usually hardly any money like a lot of folks...a new series of tms minis would be the PERFECT thing...being able to get a WHOLE set of characters(ie: 5 4" versions) versus shelling out 9-12 dollars(or $25 for playsets...yes i bouth muppet labs just for beaker)
to me sounds like a no brainer. th emega muppets are fine and dandy for those into that, but Im telling you...a line of TMS minis would be gold. You really cant go wrong, from a production standpoint to bottom line sales estimates.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I don't want mini's of the exact same figures I'm getting in another format. What do I need them for?

I want figures I WON'T get in the other format, simply because a one shot costume or episode specific version of a second string character wouldn't sell enough. But packed with other figures from the same show, in smaller format - voila! I'll be happy to buy<<<

scaled down, new theme versions...a mix...I dont care. All I know is Ive had this idea for awhile...but after reading your in depth review of the WOS minis, I am absolutely convinced it would be the best thing for Palisades to do.

A series of 5 3-4" TMS figures packaged for $10-$15...I seriosuly cannot articulate how grand this would be for all of us. From a consumer AND company financial standpoint to collector standpoint.

my goal and wish is to help spearhead a campaign on here to make these a possibility for next year. I would truly love to see these hit store shelves by next summer.

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Gotta disagree...

Originally posted by Michael Crawfor
I want figures I WON'T get in the other formatMWC
Well this is why the line probably wouldn't get made. They are a small toy company with limited resources. Downsizing what they already have out there is cheap and easy. Creating a whole new product means making time to design them, new sculpts, approvals for each different costume/extra character - i don't think thats gonna happen with two lines already in production !