regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Well this is why the line probably wouldn't get made. They are a small toy company with limited resources. Downsizing what they already have out there is cheap and easy. Creating a whole new product means making time to design them, new sculpts, approvals for each different costume/extra character - i don't think thats gonna happen with two lines already in production <<<

I actually agree with both you and michael. So Luke, do you think it would be easy/feasable to shrink the existing line down?
I wonder what it took to up the beaker figure to 14"?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
sounds like a no brainer. th emega muppets are fine and dandy for those into that, but Im telling you...a line of TMS minis would be gold. You really cant go wrong, from a production standpoint to bottom line sales estimates.
Yeah it sounds great because they would be at economic prices, but the fact stands they now have two lines (Regular and Mega) out there in just a few months. If they were to do Mini's right now too it just screams desperation. I think they'd get panned in the toy press for releasing yet another similar Muppet line and there would certainly be people saying they are paranoid that they have to milk the license while it's still hot, and get as much out there because they don't have long term faith in the line. If you wait until the regular line has earned its long term popularity and proved it can get beyond a couple of waves then you are justified in releasing more products for the customer base you have built up. It's not a no-brainer sales wise either - if done incorrectly it could affect sales of the regular and Mega lines, someone with $8 in their pocket might pick up the minis and forget totally about picking up a regular figure.

Luke

Reaction score
So Luke, do you think it would be easy/feasable to shrink the existing line down?
I don't see why not - just would need to get a re-sculpt done at a smaller scale and without a lot of the articulation.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>if done incorrectly it could affect sales of the regular and Mega lines, someone with $8 in their pocket might pick up the minis and forget totally about picking up a regular figure<<

thats what i would do, heh. then again i have infiinite more affinity for 3-4" line as you know then big figures. but about saturation...i think the mega smacks more of desperation, than if minis were released this winter.

anyways, i envision a mini line to debut next summer anyways.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I don't see why not - just would need to get a re-sculpt done at a smaller scale and without a lot of the articulation<<<

Hmm, true. But still it seems itd be quite hard to make those into minis, thats why i was thinking totlaly diferent sculpts. but if it could be done I would be more than thrilled.

Luke

Reaction score
anyways, i envision a mini line to debut next summer anyways.
Maybe you oughta mention that to Ken !!!! LOL !!!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Maybe you oughta mention that to Ken !!!! LOL !!!<<<

well it stands to reason 1) these would be more feasable and easier to put out than the megas 2) we really dont know what else they have planned...so who knows what toy fare may bring.

hey luke, i just realized...for me saying i was bored with the ken figure thread stuff, i sure have posted a lot on em today!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Bored? Dang...gotta come up with some more controversial product ideas...

Luke

Reaction score
hey luke, i just realized...for me saying i was bored with the ken figure thread stuff, i sure have posted a lot on em today!
Heh - i know ! Y'know i don't know what people are going to do when the figure line ends. I think i'm going to have to start up a counselling hotline, smuggle Ken out of the country to the Virgin Islands for fear of being mobbed, and start a thread where people can she a tear for the beautiful moments we all shared together discussing plastic !

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Bored? Dang...gotta come up with some more controversial product ideas...
Good thinking ! Man you are on fire sometimes dude. When shall we tell em about the Pregnant Piggy figure ??????

Of course that'll have to be in the Mega line, we can do a two month build up kinda 'who dunnit' angle between Kermit and Gonzo !

Luke