regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: "I don't care what anyone says, I'm having a good time."

Originally posted by frogboy4
I find it tedious to keep see the same people posting negative remarks about the line and threads in general. ... The constant griping just gets to me. Would it be too much to make your negative views known and move on? Do something proactive about it.

If we all just "moved on" every time we disagreed then we wouldn't have much of an active forum for you to moderate, would we? Personally, I "find it tedious" that you feel it necessary to "gripe" yourself everytime someone disagrees with you or what might seen as your agenda.

I mean has this thread really been "negative"? One or two lines made in jest amidst many, many valid comments about a topical subject hardly seem enough to warrant a "suggestion" from you to tone it down.

But then again, I guess it all depends on which side of the subject you are on. As I recall, in the 'MTI Widescreen DVD' thread, you "griped" continuously about your pet peeve against 'full frame'... a stance that I am sure some people didn't exactly find positive or proactive. Yet you are entitled to voice your opinion, even ad nausea should you wish it. It would only be hypocritical to suggest otherwise.

I gather from your last couple of threads that you are very dedicated to the Palisades cause and are eager to support it in any way possible. However, others should also be free to express their views (within the confines of civil discussion of course) without being maligned. And if you don't agree then I suppose you are always free to take your own advice and move on.

Must we all think alike? Seems to me that a "we all sing with the same voice" mentality might be better suited for pre-school television than an active adult forum.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Re: Less expensive? Have to be...

Originally posted by Michael Crawfor
I'd think you'd have no trouble doing the PVC's at a far more reasonable price than any DC Direct product. Their stuff is way overpriced, and they are forced to deal through Diamond, a distributor that expects and demands major markups for themselves, not to mention a lot of up front cash.
Yeah, when you're a monopoly, you can get away with stuff like that I guess. I have no idea how Diamond was found not guilty by the Department of Justice, when there are clearly no real alternatives for a comic retailer today (I've seen the barrel my retailer is over firsthand). I hope Steve Geppi lost big when the stock market dived. Uh-oh, gonna have to sell that minority ownership of the Orioles now. To paraphrase a recent Spidey comic, he exemplifies Uncle Ben's phrase, "Never seen a man with money that didn't have to walk over people to get it."

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Mini PVCs I'd Like To See:

Here are 9 pretty good evenly-spaced waves:

1 Kermit, Animal, Crazy Harry, Sweetums, Mahna and a Snowth

2 Gonzo, Scooter, Beauregard, Pops, Annie Sue and Boppity

3 Beaker, Bunsen, Sam, Zoot, Lew Zeland and Thog

4 Piggy, Swedish Chef, Floyd, Janice, Uncle Deadly and Dog Lion

5 Rowlf, Statler, Waldorf, Lips, Louis Kazagger and Gloat

6 Fozzie, Dr Teeth, Newsman, Nigel, George and Mildred

7 FM Piggy, Link, Strangepork, Hilda, JP Gross and Fletcher

8 Pepe, Seymour, Rizzo, Van Neuter, Mulch and Carl

9 Clifford, Johnny, Sal, Digit, Waldo and Bean

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ms W

I am very supportive of the Palisades figures not just because Ken is a really cool guy but that this product is breathing new life and interest into the Muppets.

I feel that you have continually criticized the figures and the figure threads for months and these posts have not been very constructive or informative.

We are quite aware of your position on this, as you have posted about it many times. I just wish you'd offer something more enlightening than pot shots at Palisades and figure enthusiasts.

It is easy to tear things down, but I find it a much more rewarding challenge to create something new or offer some sort of enlightenment - even out of a tedious situation. Wouldn't you find that to be more enjoyable?

If you find the topic of action figures boring then maybe you should start an alternate thread about something that you find more interesting. I'd definitely contribute to it.:smile:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Gee... here I am actually expressing interest in, and support of an idea for Muppet figures...

Originally posted by FellowWLover
... the idea of mini-figures would be fab! There is just something about little figures that appeals.
I do like the minis idea .... Minis are easier to display, and to put in your pocket while traveling. I can see Emileigh with them in church right now.
I just want to hold those Muppets in the palm of my hand.
... too bad it was Cory who came up with these and not Palisades, huh? I guess then my posts would be more to your liking.

:big_grin:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Maybe something that might help the price for mini PVCs a bit would be to pack 3-4 figures rather than 6+. I know the more the merrier, but I am more easily talked into buying two $10-12 packs on two different occasions than 1 $22-24 pack. Of course, this being muppets, I wouldn't hesitate on either size, but a large payment done in installments is psychologically more appeasing to me than all at once.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Yeah, but what if the other set sells out in between purchases? I still think they could be done for less money in bigger sets. Course, I am not a figure collector, unless you count all these Hello Kitty PVCs we have laying around here. $5.99 for three of them, how could a mom say no?

radionate

Reaction score
I really don't see how they could be made for under $20.00. I have collected PVC since I was a tot. I literally have boxes upon boxes of them. Applause was the leader of the pack in the 80's. They had line upon line coming out, and many of them were simple molds, semi simple paint jobs, but incredible sculpts and likenesses. They retailed around $3.00 each. So even in todays market, a set of six would retail at $18.00.

Now knowing the advances in technology, and seeing more and more detailed figures coming out from different companies, I'm sure they could come up with more complex molds and still have costs around $25.00.

Is that expensive for PVCs? No. I don't know how Playmates and the WOS PVC line has kept the prices so low. Its very interesting to me, and I'm actually leaning towards getting a few sets, because the price is attractive. But I don't think that the detail is anything like what needs to be done for the Muppets. What's a toy collector and Muppet fan to do?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the stackable arches couldl help these sell by the pack. Just an interesting concept rather than just plain PVC.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Arch display stands. Mount on the wall or stackable...that would be cool to me. I imagine a wall full of Muppets, stretching as far as the eye can see...in arches, now THAT might be nifty<<

Ken, I have been dreaming of those exact things my entire life(ok, prolly since I was 3)

as far as the eye could see in arches...mmmm

as a big time muppet collector, that to me would be the ultimate dream.

"someday we'll find it..."