regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I really don't see how they could be made for under $20.00. I have collected PVC since I was a tot. <<<

same here man...but once again I point you and others to michael crawford's breakdown of the WOS minis. These are under $12? amazing! 5 articulated mini figures with such detail for that much is amazing, Playmates have definately raised the bar.

Now, I suspect me and others would be VERY VERY happy if the Muppet minis were to have the level of sculpt the WOS minis have. I dont expect nor really want the level of detail of the 6" line done on the minis. Mini figures dont need to be sculpted that detailed, and I think maybe thats the trap Palisades feels they would be in. Its just not so. A pack of 4 or 5 mini figures dont like WOS minis to me would just be the perfect thing.

Those DC figures? Theyre just tiny non articulated cheap pvcs, and highly priced ones. So they have h*llboy, preacher, sandman, etc. For $25+ its not worth it.

Anyways, if Playmates can make extremely great limited articulated simpsons minis, 5 for $12...then I think its fair to say
Palisades might be able to at least do 4 to a pack for $18 or less.
In this day and age a lot think massive sculpt and crazy articulation is everything...but oh to go back to a time when it
was the fun of it all.

And also, I dont care how this sounds so I'll just say it...

People think TMS might be a kiddy line...but to be honest,
just how many kids to early teens are buying the TMS 6" line? It would seem to me a series of TMS minis would infinitely sell more to not only colelctors and adult fans, but also parents buying them for their young kids.

Lu775

Reaction score
minis!

Hi,
I know I'm a little late in joining this thread. I just wanted to say I think the idea of mini muppet PVCs is a great one!
Instead of everyone using Simpson's as the base of comparison why not try using Smurfs? They're sold individually, but the new wave released every year still seem to have a theme. (Yes, they are still making new smurfs!)
I love collecting PVC figures, as they are a lot easier to store and display than large toys. Also, at about $4 a miniature they're affordable.
Anyho, just my 2 cents.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Lu775

That is exactly how I was thinking of them! I forgot about the Smurfs. (Had no idea they were still making those) Great idea!

beaker

Reaction score
I like the idea of the new simpsons minis as a sort of template way better than anything else. Weve already seen small pvcs like schliech and from Applause and comics spain.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the strategy with these PVC sets is to pack obscure fan faves in with the regular guys so that they will sell. Splitting them up into individual units may actually be a detriment and prevent these frackles, snowths and nigels from being made. I have a feeling that some stores may try to break up the sets themselves, but a 6 pack of PVCs may be cheaper than the individual markup if they are sold seperately. I feel conflicted about it, but I'm leaning toward the 6 pack sets.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Sets vs individual

Part of the beauty of the sets is getting the more obscure characters. Add to that the show theme, and packing them together at five a set is ideal.

Another factor to consider is retailer support. I'm betting Palisades will get better retailer support on sets, at a higher SRP, than individual figures. Just a hunch, but they are more likely to get Diamond, Musicland, EB and TRU to listen with sets.

Of course, how well the Simpsons mini's do will have a direct effect. Retailers like proven ideas - if the first wave of Simpsons minis sell well, when someone else goes along with the same idea they are more likely to bite. That's how TRU ended up with all those Blockos.

Michael
MWC
obviously, it doesn't always work

Luke

Reaction score
The major place i find new smurfs is through Mcdonalds Happy Meals - prior to last week in the UK one was given away free with each meal and i guess a similar deal happens in the states. I was a big smurf collector when i was a kid and kept all the figures, including accessories. Anyone know if there's much value in these ? Not that i'm looking to sell !

Lu775

Reaction score
Smurfs

Actually the McDonalds Smurfs are exclusive to the UK.
You can find Smurfs in some toy stores, (a lot of those new candy stores, like Sugar Shack) and on line... check out
http://www.esmurfs.com/

(The 2002 Smurfs are a marching band!) :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Well if anyone ever wants me to send em the Smurfs over from the UK next time they have a promotion on just give me a shout. I will be more than happy to eat the Happy Meal for you all too ! ;-) Cool link also !

BTW Lu - LOVE the Avatar ! Basil Brush - BOOM BOOM ! :stick_out_tongue: