regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

beaker

Reaction score
I noticed the Toys R Us sipsons minis are $9.99...so 5 simpsons articulated figures for $10? Too cool! Hot topic has them for $20, so you decide:wink:

So sizes...my vote is for Fisher Price 1989 muppet figure size. What would some of your votes be for size wise?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
So sizes...my vote is for Fisher Price 1989 muppet figure size. What would some of your votes be for size wise?
I think exactly the same as whatever Playmates are doing for the Simpsons line - they look defined enough to me, look good enough photographed at a close angle, can carry outfits and accessories off, and articulate well.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
What Fisher Price 1989 muppet figures? I don't remember these. I remember some die cast figures that came out, those were a good size. Anthing the size of a smurf (and I don't mean two apples tall) is good for me! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
ack, sorry i meant the 1978 line...hmmm I must be zoning off, hehe. No, I meant the 1784 Victorian Muppets line...

>>>I think exactly the same as whatever Playmates are doing for the Simpsons line - they look defined enough to me, look good enough photographed at a close angle, can carry outfits and accessories off, and articulate well<<<

I think youre right on. So ya saw Mcrawford's article...wow those things are done well!

Luke

Reaction score
I can't promise to email everyone when a Smurfs line comes out over here, basically because i could never find the addresses in amongst everything i keep, but i WILL post it on the forum in a thread all of its own so you can see.

I'm just realising all the benefits here - i could spend all day on Muppet Central posting, and then go out and eat at night for free as a result of my smurf dealing business. Man - i love the internet !!!! ;-)

beaker

Reaction score
So...is it me or could we all just be blown away by various Palisades projects/negotiations in the coming months?
Lets just say I know more than a few on here would rejoice at the news of minis or *gasp* sesame properties.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I'm just realising all the benefits here - i could spend all day on Muppet Central posting, and then go out and eat at night for free as a result of my smurf dealing business. Man - i love the internet !!!! ;-)
Yeah, then down the road you can contact New York attorney Samuel Hirsch and join the class action lawsuit against the major fast food chains and seek compensatory damages from them when all those free dinners cause obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol levels. Talk about a win win situation. :wink:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/786102.asp?0si=-&cp1=1

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to throw caution to the wind, I guess.

Am I the only one not really crazy about an idea for mini figures?

I agree it would probably give fans an opportunity to *maybe* get characters they wouldn't see in the normal or mega scales, but I also wonder if maybe Palisades would be spreading themselves too thin if they introduced a third scale to the line?

It kind of goes back to the recurring Simpsons vs. Muppets idea, but I just don't think the Simpsons line should be used as a gauge to see what other Muppet products should be produced. I just have a feeling it would make the Muppets line seem less unique and more like a copycat. And The Muppet Show looks like it will be Palisades' big break into the mainstream competition, and I'm sure they wouldn't want that kind of reputation.

And frankly, Playmates hasn't been doing all that great with additions to their line. They also tried to market bigger plush figures, a radio-controlled skateboard, and Blocko figures, and they all tanked. If the Muppets are destined to follow the Simpsons' lead, then maybe it's a little too soon to see if mini-figs will take off.

I do hope that once the normal figures and Mega Muppets (sorry, I just love that phrase) are settled in then we do see some third line of product, but I personally would want something completely unexpected.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The wonderful thing about the minis is that if the first series of 6 doesn't perform well they can always scrap future waves. The same goes for the Mega Beaker. I was waiting to hear someone make the argument that they are spreading themselves too thin, but I see all of this as a good strategy by a company who is trying to get the best out of their contract and make the fans happy.

I'd say the minis have more of a chance being moneymakers than a full-size Lips figure, but I'd like to have both. Some collectors are only interested in mini PVC and some are only interested in action figures. If Palisades doesn't make minis, I'm sure another company will want to. We'll wait and see, but I don't think any minis would come out for a few waves. They have to see how the megas do.

I'm ready for some surprises too. The lunchboxes were a nice touch. Maybe character posters would be cool but there are few possibilities that Palisades can really do. From what I have gathered they have specific parameters in their contract.