Regular Show Series Talkback!

mr3urious

Reaction score
So it turns out all the parks around the world have been mysteriously launched into space, not just the main one. And there are some seemingly friendly robots
who are harvesting their plants to secretly sell on the black market, doing battle with a Rebel Alliance-looking group who takes the main characters on a space adventure using the park as their ship. What the heck is going on here? :confused:

snichols1973

Reaction score
So far, we've been introduced to some new characters:

Chance Sureshot, RS's answer to Han Solo; Toothpick Sally, apparently based on Sigourney Weaver's Ripley character, with her sidekick Recap Robot, and Colonel Rawls, the Space Tree's commandant.

The "Dream Warrior" episode, where Pops has to fight a recurring nightmare, features "Funky Wunky and the Groovy Gang", a Scooby-Doo parody.

In "Ugly Moons", Muscle Man is hired for a secret prank mission, part of which resembles Return of the Jedi's shuttle scene, with a twist of Kansas City Shuffle at the end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not soon after news broke that this is the last Regular Show season, the comic book adaption is ending at issue 40.

Now, I could complain about it, but I really haven't followed the comics since the issue written by Minty Lewis all about Eileen a few years ago. I have way too many to catch up on, and my comic book store hasn't gotten any in for a while anyway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just watched all the episodes on the CN website since I missed them watching other things, as it's on at 8 now.

Now that I'm caught up, I really liked the episode with Pops's nightmares and hope that this is one of the closing arcs of the series. What I have to admit is a strange correlation is that, while there was a monster going into Pops's dreams to get information

the shadowy figure that looks like Pops who hired him is the one voiced by Robert "Freddy Kruger" Englund.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This episodes was pretty funny. I loved that they did a parody of "The Princess Bride" with that chess scene. Made all the more awesome by the fact that they actually got Wallace Shawn to play the evil brain.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Pam has now broken up with Benson over their long-distance relationship. And in return he has befriended a floating rock girl who runs a french fry truck, and she has the hots for him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget to watch this short that clearly takes place in between the last season' finale and this season's premiere.

Even has a callback to the first episode where Mordecai and Rigby do the "Meeeeeeyilk" "cereal" "combiiiiiiine" gag, but in zero gravity.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Am I the only one who got serious F-Zero vibes in last night's episode, particularly the designs of the racers? And that the "Speed Stick" Rigby uses to fix the hole in the windshield reminded me of the Inanimate Carbon Rod? :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really think that "Hear no Evil" managed to fix Benson's worst moment on the series by essentially giving the episode a redo. Remember the episode where Benson eats the only available every so many years ultimate burgers? Well...

After Benson tries to spoil the last episode of their show, Mordecai manages to talk him down, and threaten to spoil his show. However, Chance wanders in, spoils the ending of Mordecai and Rigby's show. But while Benson is engaging in mocking laughter, Chance spoils the ending of his show as well. At least, unlike the Burgers episode, Benson gets his comeuppance.

mr3urious

Reaction score
No matter how much he has matured over the years, Rigby still can't get over his Napoleon complex and brother issues, and went mad with power when he and Mordecai failed to un-mutate themselves in the teleportation pods.