1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Amen.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

All I gotta say is try sleeping on it...omg it wasn't easy...:(
  3. FrackleFan2012

4. Pinkflower7783

Frank is still part of the Muppet family though.
  5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

And he always will be.
  6. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Here's my tribute...
  7. Pinkflower7783

No offense but can we keep this as a remembering Jerry Nelson thread please?
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  8. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

I was in a drama club that I recently joined when I heard the news. It was during the break that I went online and I cannot describe how I felt when I read the horrible news. It was a huge shock, that's for sure. I still can't believe it. I really didn't want to go back in for the second half of my class. I was planning to go to the cinema afterwards but I certainly didn't feel like watching a movie after learning about this. I sat in the cafeteria, still in shock and deeply saddened. I've never felt that way about a (and I hate to use the word but can't think of any other) "famous" person's death before. It made me realize just how much his work meant to me and the effect it's had on me.

I reluctantly went back for the last half of the class and whatever nerves, anxiety, low confidence or thoughts about leaving I was feeling in that class during the first half went away. I got a little teary-eyed at first, but I decided to try and do the best possible performance I could do. And I feel I did. I wanted to stay for Jerry and do my best for him in some way and what he and the other Muppet Performers have taught me: to keep going and never give up on your dreams.
    meepmuppaphones likes this.
  9. FrackleFan2012

10. FrackleFan2012

Oh, alright. I will.
    I'm sorry. No one's going to delete any posts. Right?
  11. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

This is sad...I Practically hear his voice when I was growing up! I will never forget him
  12. FrackleFan2012

Me too, Kuriboh Man. :cry:
    Me too.

I guess you can't rewind and undo things like Jerry's death, the Titanic shipwreck, the fall of the Twin Towers, and the 2011 Tohoko earthquake and tsunami.

Oh well, it's just the way life goes on planet Earth.
    DrDientes and meepmuppaphones like this.
  13. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Nice video, muppet dude! I posted it on my Facebook page.
  14. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

This is not something I wanted to hear when I woke up this morning. This really put me in a sad mood this morning. Ah, well, now I'm just listening to Truro Daydreams and reflecting on how much Jerry had an impact on everything.

RIP Jerry Nelson. You will be missed.
  15. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I made this today for my Facebook cover photo. As soon as I find my Floyd action figure I will probably retake it.

[​IMG]

My wife was upset to hear this, Jerry was her favorite Muppet performer, she loved his incredible range. My sons were just listening to songs like "Henrietta's Wedding" and "Halfway Down the Stairs" in the car this morning on the way to school.

Bye Jerry. Never met you but you were in my life since the beginning.

Alex
  16. Pinkflower7783

No unless someone reports it which I'm not gonna do. I just didn't think it was appropriate to be posting about things other than Jerry. Although makes me wonder how Frank is taking the news?
  17. FrackleFan2012

Outstanding tribute photo, Dearth. :sing:
  18. Pinkflower7783

As soon my mind is able to process all this because it fully hasn't yet and when I'm emotionally ready I will be making a Memorial video. I wish I wasn't making another one though. :(
  19. Pinkflower7783

May I use this for a Memorial video? I'll be sure to give you credit for it.
  20. Pinkflower7783

But at least now he can perform those characters again...I'm sure Jim and Richard were happy to see him when he arrived in heaven. And he's with Christine again too. RIP Jerry Nelson.