Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I was in a drama club that I recently joined when I heard the news. It was during the break that I went online and I cannot describe how I felt when I read the horrible news. It was a huge shock, that's for sure. I still can't believe it. I really didn't want to go back in for the second half of my class. I was planning to go to the cinema afterwards but I certainly didn't feel like watching a movie after learning about this. I sat in the cafeteria, still in shock and deeply saddened. I've never felt that way about a (and I hate to use the word but can't think of any other) "famous" person's death before. It made me realize just how much his work meant to me and the effect it's had on me.

I reluctantly went back for the last half of the class and whatever nerves, anxiety, low confidence or thoughts about leaving I was feeling in that class during the first half went away. I got a little teary-eyed at first, but I decided to try and do the best possible performance I could do. And I feel I did. I wanted to stay for Jerry and do my best for him in some way and what he and the other Muppet Performers have taught me: to keep going and never give up on your dreams.