Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Also, I read that in Robin's voice from MFC -- "That's two, two worried frogs, ah ah ah."

(Also, I never noticed before that it was a Jerry/Jerry interaction between Count and Robin there!)
Yes it was! That scene will have extra special meaning now. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch anything Muppety though...:cry:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Just heard about this yesterday, and was really sad to hear that Jerry had passed. He truly was one of the big movers and shakers with the Muppets, and he's left behind some really big shoes to fill.

RIP, Jerry - say hi to Jim and Richard and the other Jerry up there, won't you?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I never said they don't know what Sesame Street or The Count is. I mean if you just say "Jerry Nelson" most people don't know him until you tell them who he was. Since the news did a very, very, brief mentioning of him more people probably know who he is now but in general he's not famous enough at least media outlet wise to do a full story is what I'm saying. Which again I think is really sad but pshh who cares about the news anyways. :stick_out_tongue:
Okay I got what you're saying.

Luke

Reaction score
Wow all the tributes and artwork are fantastic - Muppet fans sure are a talented bunch.

I don't like to see the characters crying though .. obviously its sad he has died but at the same time i'm happy for all he got to do in his life, and the gift of his work which will live on .. time for a celebration!

I would also love to see the Muppeteers tributes, maybe Muppets 2 will be dedicated to Jerry? That'd be cool!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't like to see the characters crying though ... obviously its sad he has died but at the same time i'm happy for all he got to do in his life, and the gift of his work which will live on .. time for a celebration!
*blows up a few gratituitous penguins and throws fish*

:zany::zany::zany: Quack!
:crazy: Hahahaha-haha

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I was singing as a cantor for my church this morning. And the music was rather difficult. I sat on the altar and I prayed for Jerry and I just sang my heart out this morning and hit notes confidently, even the ones I found difficult. One of the songs had a phrase that was about giving our sorrows and woes to God and I just struk a smile and kept singing confidently and proudly. I've been cantoring for three years now and never have I felt like as my faith states "I was praying two times over" other than today. I can't remember what blog it was but someone said that we should be silent but most of all we should sing.
I couldn't help but feel like there was a reason I should post this. Like we should all sing, sing a song! We shouldn't worry if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear. Just sing. Sing a song!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Everyone in our church could pick a Psalm to read today, and most people gave a little speak about what the Psalm meant to them. I really wanted to dedicate the one I read (Psalm 62) to Jerry Nelson, but didn't think that I would be able to even explain why, so just read it. But I was wearing a Muppet t-shirt, which I think counts for something. :search:

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
This morning at church the pastor was talking about Heaven and all I could think about was Jerry. It's just so hard to wrap my mind around the idea that he's gone. He was part of my childhood. He was just always there. And in a way he'll still be here, because he's part of all of us and we'll never forget him. But it won't be the same. My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

theSHE124

Reaction score
You guys are great at putting songs on here! including those from Trouo Daydreams.
Sure wish I had that CD. :dreamy:
...I heard there was a track there called 'In Memordium'. Can someone please put that track on here? It would be so memorable. :cry: