Remembering Jim...

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I can't find the words to express how much Jim means to me.:cry: Yes Convincing John said it all.

I love what you said here:

Mr. Henson will always be alive in our hearts...and because of that, he will never truly be gone.

"He can't leave us...and we can't leave him! Maybe I'm not too late after all...":smirk:

"Thanks, Jim...thanks for everything."

Yes, Thank you Jim, for everything.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well...he's one of the main reasons I got interested in puppetering. But I don't really have "memories" of him. I was only 3 years old when he died, unfortunately. I've always had fond thoughts of him, and he's always been the one person I've wanted to see in my life.

This morning, I gave my Jim Henson poster a light kiss, and wished him a happy day in heaven. Although that's not really different then I do everyday, I just don't kiss the poster except for today.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I was quite young when he died too, about 8 years old I guess. I had just kind of reached the age where I figured out that those creatures on t.v. that I loved were actually puppets and that he was the man behind them. I wasn't disillusioned though, instead I was in awe of this amazing man and his creations. I wanted to meet him. God bless you Jim, you were wonderful and I hope to meet you in heaven someday.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are going to be any Muppet specials on tonight?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
wow...has it REALLY been 16 years now!? :sympathy: WOW!!! When i woke up this morning I LOOKED right at my Jim Henson and Muppets 2005 stamps and smiled :smile: and right now I'm lissining to "Rainbow Connection" for like the 6 time now! I also posted a Bulletin on MySpace to let every know to remember Him today! :halo:

Thank you jim... Thank you!***

puppetise

Reaction score
well i was born on november 13th 1990 so he died months before i was born but i see footage of him and original clips i have the movies and books and pictures yesterday morning i felt diffrent and i got up went into town and bough materials and built a kermit puppet yes i did i made a banjo out of a sauspan fron a 2 dollar shop and card bord got my muppet cd played rainbow conection and synked it with kermit and then at the end in my best kermit voice i said see ya soon jim

thanks jim for making my life wonderfull and making me smile when im sad :smile:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I don't remember his death because I wasn't born. Which, if I'm perfectly honest, I'm glad about. Sure it means I missed The Muppet Show and all of Jim's greatness when he was alive. But I also don't have to think about how sad I was when he died. Which means that all I have to remember Jim by is all the great stuff...which I'm so glad about because there was so much great stuff. And I'm glad 16 years after his death he's still remembered. Trully "gone but never ever forgotten."

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I'm so thankful to Jim for his inspiration to use my imagination, no matter what other people thought of my interest in puppetry and cartoons. I wish I could still meet him everyday and let him know that.

My fiance asked me the other day if I could go to lunch with anyone past or present, who would it be? It came down to Jim Henson. I miss him so much.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know if I remember hearing about Jim Henson's death much in 1990- maybe briefly on the news. I grew up watching Sesame Street, The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock (cartoon and live action) and Muppet Babies. And I love watching them all now- and some other Muppet things I've discovered- like I'm so glad I finally watched "The Dark Crystal" and "Labyrinth" because they're awesome movies! And I liked Dinosaurs too. Muppets Tonight was pretty cool too. And all the great Muppet movies! Yes, I think Jim Henson will always be remembered for his legacy of hilarity and silliness with his Muppets, and most of all, promoting peace and understanding among people. I know his work has certainly inspired and influenced me and I mourn his passing. :concern: :sympathy: I still miss him and I pray that God will comfort his family as they remember him. Thanks for all the fun and good memories, Jim!:smile: