Remembering Jim...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's kind of funny how they were talking as if the Muppet's would last forever considering the state they are in these days.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
It's kind of funny how they were talking as if the Muppet's would last forever considering the state they are in these days.
Well, that being said, the Muppets do still exist. Who knows what the future will bring for them, but they've never simply gone away.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, that being said, the Muppets do still exist. Who knows what the future will bring for them, but they've never simply gone away.
As far as the Muppet Holding Company goes, it does seem like the Muppets are on the verge of simply going away. I've lost a lot of hope with those running the company. It's obvious they really don't have the business skills.

Disney should clean house and give Frank Oz power as creative consultant.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
My life with muppets

When I was about 5 yrs old I got to see the very first Sesame Street. I didn't know who Jim was at the time. In fact I thought that Ernie was real.
As I got older I found out who Jim was.

It wasn't until I saw the Muppet Show when it first aired on tv that I got really hooked on the Muppets.

I watched The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhatten as well as Fraggle Rock and the magic was brewing strong.

Then I saw The Dark Crystal, and Labyrinth
two excelent films that Jim had made. The Magic grew more strong.

Since the age of ten I started building my own puppets, I always wanted to join the muppets and have Jim as my boss. But May, 10th 1990 hit me
like everyone else did. My mentor, my teacher had past away.

But I stayed true to the muppets and keep the magic alive, no mater what Disney or anyelse dose.

Long Live The Magic of Henson.:smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
You know I was just listening to the song I wonder about The World Up There which was sung by Kermit and some kid muppets of SS. this was probably one of Hensons last segments on SS with Kermit for this I belive came out in 1989 I think and at the time it was just another SS song but now at least for me it reminds me of his passing considering his passing was in the not so distant future.

Brinatello

Reaction score
I was 11 years old in the fifth grade. It started out as a normal school day. We were all home in the morning getting ready for school or work when the news came on the radio. I remember sitting by the heater getting dressed and staring in shock. "Did they just say Jim Henson died?" Later on during the 5 p.m. news, there was a full coverage with photos, scenes and everything, and still, I sat there wide-eyed and in shock. I didn't cry at all; I guess I was too stunned to react to it. We all watched "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" and I still refused to cry...or much less accept the fact that such a wonderful, gifted person was truly gone.

It wasn't until the late 90's when I taped a show from PBS called "The World of Jim Henson" from Great Performances when it actually hit me. My sister and I sat and watched it and, toward the end, they showed clips from the funeral, Brian talking and then "The Rainbow Connection" started up with that memorable picture of Kermit looking in the mirror with Jim looking back. The credits started and my sister and I both lost it. We cried real hard and it was then I let the tears flow like rain. I still can't hear "The Rainbow Connection" without feeling a lump in the throat. It's connected to Jim as "Over the Rainbow" is connected to Judy Garland.

I've also been asked who I wish I could have met if I had the chance and many times I've said Jim Henson. At another message board, a member said he and his family got to meet him at Disney World. He was found sitting on a park bench and the family got to sit and talk to him, hear his Kermit voice, and get a photo with him. To have had a chance like that would have been very special as well as unforgettable.

Wherever you are now Jim, God bless you! We love you and miss you very much! You certainly have made this world a better place.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I wasn't even born yet when Jim henson died plus that's only 2 years before I was born and my birth year is 1992.