Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Epic post. I agree with some things, disagree with others. I’ll let someone else begin discussing it because I’m off to continue my current run through of Maiden’s discography with Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Great album!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Epic post. I agree with some things, disagree with others. I’ll let someone else begin discussing it because I’m off to continue my current run through of Maiden’s discography with Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Great album!
Cool. They can address it, but as of now, I'm gone. No response will come. I meant what I said. Hiatus. I'll miss ya. You always crack me up. Later, Thunder!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Enjoy your break, Jamie. I'm taking a small social media break myself (at least with Facebook).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It ends when this country gets it act together and stops $#!++ing on people for the color of their skin, or their sexuality, or the accent they speak with, or the country their family comes from. That's where it ends.
It is not in either parties' interest for that to ever end. They thrive on division. Best not to side with either of them.

Further, we actually did make progress in these areas not long ago, but now much of it is being labeled "problematic." Any attempts to point out or encourage progress is met with tone deaf screams of "Check your privilege!!!!" Such people don't want a better country. They have no idea what they want, beyond perpetual outrage. Such as the geniuses who think dishonoring freakin Laura Ingalls Wilder will now magically fix racism. History wasn't perfect, and therefore they must burn all of it to the ground, even the goodness, even if it means leaving the country with no foundation left at all, besides their own limp flavor of the week ideology.

Bigotry is an important issue, unfortunately it's been co-opted by some of the biggest fools this country has to offer. Including Hillary Clinton, and I'm glad a lot of Americans didn't fall for it, even if some of them ended up falling for a different sort of con job in Trump.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh. Speaking of privilege.

Remember when white and male privileges weren't the only privileges to exist?

Neither do I.