Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Very tragic story by all means. I don't think anybody is disputing that. But there is still nothing in that reporting that indicates that it was a racist cop who murdered the security guard as alleged earlier in this thread. It still seems to be a horrible tragic mistake on the police officers part.

If nothing else, the report you linked gives us a little bit more insight as to if the security officer was wearing a security uniform. It sounds like he was not and more likely just wearing black clothing (with maybe security printed on it). Also seems to indicate that he was instructed several times to drop his weapon by the police officer. So we have a chaotic scene where multiple people are shot, police arrive to find a man with a gun (with or without security clothing) holding another man at gun point, instruct him to drop his weapon and he doesn't, and then gets shot. Very, very tragic? No doubt! Racist murderer? No.

Censored

Reaction score
Very tragic story by all means. I don't think anybody is disputing that. But there is still nothing in that reporting that indicates that it was a racist cop who murdered the security guard as alleged earlier in this thread. It still seems to be a horrible tragic mistake on the police officers part.

If nothing else, the report you linked gives us a little bit more insight as to if the security officer was wearing a security uniform. It sounds like he was not and more likely just wearing black clothing (with maybe security printed on it). Also seems to indicate that he was instructed several times to drop his weapon by the police officer. So we have a chaotic scene where multiple people are shot, police arrive to find a man with a gun (with or without security clothing) holding another man at gun point, instruct him to drop his weapon and he doesn't, and then gets shot. Very, very tragic? No doubt! Racist murderer? No.
Always a "very tragic, but..." when it's an African American, even a hero.

Censored

Reaction score
That's one little flaw in the argument of the NRA that the good guys should all carry guns and stop the bad guys. There might be a police officer or two around the scene that doesn't quite get it. Of course, the NRA is only talking about arming White people anyway. After all, The Second Amendment was written when only White males had any rights.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Always a "very tragic, but..." when it's an African American, even a hero.
Whoever said that it is less tragic because it is an African American??!!!

Don't put words in to my mouth or anyone else's mouth. What I and others have said is that it is not necessarily a murder by a racist white cop. Period! And any one with a modicum of intelligence can tell the difference between the two statements. Just because I and others feel that it is not another racist cop killing a black man DOES NOT mean it is less tragic than if the victim were white. And I actually believe that you do have more than a modicum of intelligence and can tell the difference so I'm beginning to believe that you are just trolling this thread for attention.

There certainly are shooting of black men by racist white cops. It does happen, all too often. I don't think this case is the one you want to hang your hat on though. Unless, of course, you are just trolling.

Censored

Reaction score

Don't put words in to my mouth or anyone else's mouth.
Why not? Everyone has been putting the words in my mouth of saying that it was "definitely a racist cop."

Censored

Reaction score

Don't put words in to my mouth or anyone else's mouth. What I and others have said is that it is not necessarily a murder by a racist white cop.
Good to hear that word "necessarily" though. In your last post you said, "Racist murderer? No."

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Of course, the NRA is only talking about arming White people anyway. After all, The Second Amendment was written when only White males had any rights.
And this post makes me wonder if you do indeed lack a modicum of intelligence or if you are just trolling? Or is it both?

I'm going to go with just trolling, by a nose.

I have no time for trolls. They bring nothing to a conversation and do nothing to further a discussion of an issue. D'Snowth and I disagree on a good amount of issues. But I can appreciate his input as it often times will spark a curiosity to research and look further in to what he posts. Yours? Ehhhh, not so much. I see no meeting of the minds type summit at Stuckey's in our future. Good day

Censored

Reaction score
And this post makes me wonder if you do indeed lack a modicum of intelligence or if you are just trolling? Or is it both?

I have no time for trolls. They bring nothing to a conversation and do nothing to further a discussion of an issue. D'Snowth and I disagree on a good amount of issues. But I can appreciate his input as it often times will spark a curiosity to research and look further in to what he posts. Yours? Ehhhh, not so much. I see no meeting of the minds type summit at Stuckey's in our future. Good day
Good way to sidestep the points I made. And yes, i remember all those “friendly” discussions you and D’Snowth have had. This is a political thread, if you don’t want to discuss the issues, that is entirely up to you, my friend.

Censored

Reaction score

I have no time for trolls. They bring nothing to a conversation and do nothing to further a discussion of an issue.
I understand. I feel the same way about birthers.