Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Starting January, I'll have my new health insurance plan. My monthly premium will be $137 a month . . . still far more than the $20 I was paying in 2017, but a whole lot more reasonable than $536 - plus, I'll have no deductables to meet, and my out-of-pocket medical expenses will be $500, which is almost $200 less than what the plan I used to have earlier this year would have been.
So are you happy with That? I mean sure it's not what you had but some of it sounds good.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On the subject of people being hugged:

I'm easily the kind of person who likes giving/getting them, especially when I'm having a really ****** day. But yes, I will agree there is such thing as unwanted hugs and people just need to learn to respect that.

Some people don't like being touched, especially those with sensory issues, and that's where you gotta respect their boundaries.

There is no way in **** by all means would I ever consider hugs sexual harrasment. Harrassment in general if the person said no, yes. But not sexual.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"He has talent, I dunno about you!"

But in the background, I felt sorry for the woman holding the sign that said, "WOMEN BELONG IN THE KITCHEN." Goes to show you how oppressed she really is and she doesn't even realize it.

Censored

Reaction score
Any celebrity has a right to a political opinion. They are citizens just like us with the right to speak.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only reason people don't want celebrities to have political opinions is because many of them believe all celebrities are "Hollywood Elites" who "push Hollywood's leftist agendas."

Because, otherwise, notice how those same people come to the defense of conservative celebrities like Roseanne, James Woods, Clint Eastwood, Tim Allen, and others whenever they exercize their right to speak.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yup, I feel bad seeing celebs who lean left get called out for speaking on their behalf, likewise vise versa with the conservs that Snowth mentioned (Rosanne being an exception because hers was uncalled for).

End of the day, they're human beings like everyone else. Don't like what they have to say? Be an adult and move on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another one:

Celebrities and politicians both talk about the middle class, working poor, and those in poverty.

Celebrities talk about how more needs to be done to see to it that the middle class, working poor, and those in poverty have the money they need just to live a comfortable life; they get called out for it because they have millions and billions of dollars themselves.

Politicians talk about how the middle class, working poor, and those in poverty need to keep working harder and harder to earn their money to live a comfortable life; they get praised for it because they have millions and billions of dollars that they "worked hard to earn."

Many celebrities donate a good hunk of their earnings to charities, and many of them even have founded their own charitable foundations to help less fortunate in third world countries.

Most politicians won't donate a red penny to charity, namely because they don't want to part with a fraction of their precious moolah.

To sum it up: celebrities and politicians have money; celebrities try to spread their wealth and politicians try to hoard their wealth; why are celebrities chastised for talking about economic and financial woes of the average joes, but not politicians for creating the economic and financial woes of the average joes?