Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The other issue is I feel like people just can't learn to separate the art from the person. All they want from them is just "stik 2 akting!!!111!!!! Stop bringing up politiks!!!1111!!!"

And even then, when it comes to politics, I'm still able to separate that from people if I know they have a good heart. If it's one thing I've learned, politics is usually where a person's potentially "ugly" side can come from and they don't realize it; even I've had my ugly moments with political stuff. But to me, if you can state your political views and not let it effect you as a person, you're cool in my book.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, I still enjoy reruns of DIRTY JOBS, and I like the dry and sardonic humor that Mike Rowe invokes as host, even though I don't agree that he believes Trump understands the working people and will be able to make life better for them, nor do I agree with him that students shouldn't have the right to get involved with protests or movements that affect them or their loved ones (after all, those Parkland survivors have left quite an impact, good or bad).

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the celebrities having their own political opinions or expressing them. That's their right, just like you or I. My problem with it is two-fold. One, when the celebrities act like their opinions are more important than mine or yours because they are celebrities. Two, when they use the awards shows to express their political opinions. I watch those shows to be entertained and escape the real world for an hour or two or three.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of which, there's something else, aside from elections, that are supposedly rigged: awards shows.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Translation of "rigged":

"Boo hoo! I'm sad cuz my favowite song didn't win!!!!111!!!!! Waahhhh!!!!1111!!!!"

Censored

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the celebrities having their own political opinions or expressing them. That's their right, just like you or I. My problem with it is two-fold. One, when the celebrities act like their opinions are more important than mine or yours because they are celebrities. Two, when they use the awards shows to express their political opinions. I watch those shows to be entertained and escape the real world for an hour or two or three.
Those things too are their rights.

Censored

Reaction score
If one doesn’t like the award shows because one thinks they’re rigged, gets offended by political statements, or whatever reason, there is a very simple solution: Don’t watch them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Translation of "rigged":

"Boo hoo! I'm sad cuz my favowite song didn't win!!!!111!!!!! Waahhhh!!!!1111!!!!"
No, I mean, there's been all kinds of speculation for years that much of the outcome of awards shows are pre-determined prior to the ceremonies by execs behind the curtains.