Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Censored

Reaction score
Regardless, I think young people should stay in school, and even go to college. I had to start supporting my mom and younger brother at the age of 16. Thank God I was home schooled, and was able to also go make money, but it was also a curse. After I graduated high school I was already working and thought I found my calling in retail, and didn't even consider furthering my education. I'm now 36 years old and stuck.
Not necessarily. People go to college at all ages these days.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Soon as I saw that came from Fox, I'm just like "Yeah, okay. *Scrolls* "

MWoO

Reaction score
Soon as I saw that came from Fox, I'm just like "Yeah, okay. *Scrolls* "
Ignoring media that opposes your point of view only serve to narrow your perspective.

Its actually interesting that Whoopie and Joy could not just honor George Bush without having to bring Trump into it. Its rather disrespectful to the Bush family to use his death as a means to bash Trump. I am not Trump fan, but those two and others seem obsessed with talking about Trump. Everything does not have to relate back to Trump.

Its like having one of your grandmas die and using the funeral to talk about how much your other grandma sucks.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@MWoO I get what you mean about ignoring media. I by all means think Whoopie and Joy were going a bit over the top there. I'm by all means anti Trump myself and would never use him as bait to bring him in over someone's death.

It just wouldn't help if Fox wasn't very one-sided - and another thing I find interesting is it seems like right-wing news sources so far are the only one's reporting it.

Censored

Reaction score
Ignoring media that opposes your point of view only serve to narrow your perspective.
According to that “logic,” we should be reading and watching every neo-Nazi publication out there, along with the flat Earth society news.

MWoO

Reaction score
@MWoO I get what you mean about ignoring media. I by all means think Whoopie and Joy were going a bit over the top there. I'm by all means anti Trump myself and would never use him as bait to bring him in over someone's death.

It just wouldn't help if Fox wasn't very one-sided - and another thing I find interesting is it seems like right-wing news sources so far are the only one's reporting it.
Most media is one sided. Thats the problem.

I have zero respect for bias press, but since it is bias you need to watch both sides. If for no other reason than knowing what you fight against.

Its like that story of the black man that spoke to 200 KKK members and got them to give up their robes. He didnt ignire them or shout them down. He sat down with with them and spoke. Thate how you combat bigots and you cant do that unless you understand them, hence why you should have knowledge of both sides version.

Censored

Reaction score
Most media is one sided. Thats the problem.

I have zero respect for bias press, but since it is bias you need to watch both sides. If for no other reason than knowing what you fight against.

Its like that story of the black man that spoke to 200 KKK members and got them to give up their robes. He didnt ignire them or shout them down. He sat down with with them and spoke. Thate how you combat bigots and you cant do that unless you understand them, hence why you should have knowledge of both sides version.
Oh sure, every Black man who got lynched could have avoided it if he had only tried to reason with the KKK. Oh boy...

Censored

Reaction score
Time is too valuable to spend it watching Nazi news.