Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Oh Florida...

It seems like there is this weird resurgence of slavery talk. Its like people are reading history books and stopping at the slavery part and getting really upset. Its like when an old tweet from 10 years ago resurfaces and people get offended all over again. Considering the age of the kid, he probably had just learned about slavery in American History.

The flag is not racist. This kid seems like a jerk, but arent all kids at this age? The teacher is an idiot if she thought it was required to stand for the pledge of allegiance. Even if it was a requirement she didnt handle it right. The kid didnt either when he refused to move from the classroom.
Agreed. Sounds like lot of stupidity on both parties. But a smidgeon of understanding for the kid being stupid. That's what kids do. Seems like he was pumped full of hate to begin with and was looking for a confrontation. But the teacher handled it as poorly as one could

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So with Bernie Sanders running again, how much y’all willing to bet the left shoves him aside for someone like, Nancy Pelosi or whatever?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think so, not this time. It wasn't the left who shoved him aside last time, it was the DNC; the left really, really wanted Bernie, but the DNC really, really wanted Hillary.

Honestly, Pelosi is almost as big of an embarrassment to the Democratic party as Trump is just in general: she reminds me of those episodes of HEY ARNOLD! and COW AND CHICKEN, where a new bully came to school and tried to out-bully the regular school bully . . . this is what Pelosi is doing, she's trying to outdo Trump at all of his immature behavior, but she's giving Dems a bad rep for it, because she's acting exactly like Reps always accuse Dems of acting like. Chuck Shumer isn't much better, but he doesn't seem to have quite as much audacity as Pelosi.

If anything, I think it will end up being Kamala Harris the DNC will put on a pedestal this time: she seems to be who they're favoriting right now. I honestly know nothing about her, other than she's from Hawaii, and I can just imagine if Trump had never been president, and she ended up becoming president, we'd have a deja vu of the birther movement all over again because she's from Hawaii.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I honestly was just thinking about this the other day, and then there's this:

I mean, imagine this: you're on the beach, and want to go out for a swim in the ocean . . . but you can't, because there's a wall. You're honeymooning in Niagra and want to see the falls . . . but half of the falls are cut off by a wall. You're a photographer up in the mountains in SoCal and want to get a shot of the sun setting over the Pacific . . . but you can't, because the sunset's blocked by a wall.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was a survey/study that was done recently, and if I find the link again I'll share it, but it showed that the further away Americans live from the southern border, the more worried they are about the wall, while those who live closer to the border (especially actual border states) really don't give a crap.

I can sort of attest to this, as I mentioned before, TN isn't even a border state (not even close), but many of the people who live here support the wall and want it built because they believe TN is somehow directly affected by illegal immigration, and that the wall will protect us from that. Again, it's what our conservative politicians really pushed for during their midterm campaigns . . . and unfortunately, Marsha Blackburn - who's among the worst of the worst my state had to offer - won.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, this video was in my recommended for really no reason, but it actually kind of proves the point I've made before in the past regarding my unpopular opinion of how women dress themselves actually being a two-way street:

"Do you like my cleavage?" "Does my cleavage look good?" "I see how your eyes are all like. . . ." I mean, let's face it: some women out there do dress in certain ways with the intention of drawing male attention - whether they want to admit it or not. No, it still doesn't give men the freedom to try and make a grab at them, but nevertheless, both parties have their own responsibilities in situations like this.

Oh, and anyone else remember when TLC used to be an educational channel that broadcasted informative programming instead of trashy reality shows? Me neither!

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I agree with you on that. If you dress in a skimpy outfit, tease your hair and paint your face. and go parading around bars and clubs, you can't be too surprised at the men you'll attract.
Most men are pigs, and seeing a scantily clad girl after drinking a few, the worst of men's behavior tends to come out.
But if you show off your cleavage/booty/legs and some drunken sailor grabs you, you're asking for trouble just as much as he is.
Society has made sex cheap. Media, entertainment, advertising, etc. glamorize sex, but humans being what they are, both men and women are trying to satisfy their carnal urges. Men should keep their hands off. But slutty women should stay out of that environment as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly. And again, I'm not saying I'm against women having the freedom of wearing what they want and when, but that they should also be a little mindful of certain outfits in certain situations. Again, that Ariana Grande mishap last year: if she wanted to wear that skimpy little outfit at one of her concerts, or a party, or whatever, that's her right, but she could and should have classed it up for a funeral; and at the same time, the way she was dressed was not an excuse for that pastor to touch her inappropriately as he did.