Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Roseanne is an idiot but that was no backbone they showed, lol. On the contrary, properly the easiest and safest firing anyone at the network ever had to do.

Anyway, it's a shame because I do think the show had a place for Americans that felt they didn't have a voice. But just like Trump, they picked the worst representative imaginable. They need to understand that the opposite of political correctness is not freedom to be a jerk. :stick_out_tongue:
Also, the writers left. Wanda Sykes and Whitney Cummings were in charge of making it funny. Roseanne has no successful credits to her name aside from her 20 year old program that was written by a rotating staff of much funnier people that she treated like garbage. Now that her back is against the wall, nobody she works with will speak up for her. I hate to use the term, positive person that I am, but the label "garbage human" comes to mind. She's just not a good person and she's proven that again and again. Also, it's everyone else on that show who's funny. Roseanne is just outrageous and self centered and that's just not funny anymore.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Roseanne apologized for her tweet, but too little too late.
She may have gotten away with it if she was talking to someone at a noisy party, where there could be some margin of misinterpretation. But once you shoot something on social media, all bets are off.

Say it, forget it.
Write it, regret it.
That's the thing. There haven't yet been consequences to what she's done. She erases the tweets or apologizes, leaves twitter and promises to never do it again. And then tomorrow comes - like Groundhog Day, but with no lessons learned. I mean, did anyone really believe that a person who could do this photoshoot would ever treat anyone with dignity and respect?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, the ones who will bear the brunt of the consequences of the show being cancelled are the cast and crew.
Really no skin off the nose of the sponsors, but a few dozen stagehands and such have to scrounge for a new job.

But now Charlie Sheen is raring to come back. He's another train wreck waiting to happen.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well, the ones who will bear the brunt of the consequences of the show being cancelled are the cast and crew.
Really no skin off the nose of the sponsors, but a few dozen stagehands and such have to scrounge for a new job.

But now Charlie Sheen is raring to come back. He's another train wreck waiting to happen.
Hey, I keep saying that they should pull a Valerie. Remember when Valerie Harper's TV show was taken from her because she wanted Cosby money. Gah, that sentence sounds a lot different these days. In comes Aunt Sandy Duncan and the Hogan Family was born. I think they could bump off Roseanne and just make this the Connors. She was the only one on the show who wasn't funny. She just barked at people. That might have been funny in the 80's when she represented the under represented voice of a working class woman, but now she's just a rich lady racist. It makes me wonder, does that sort of thing come with money or was it always there?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Her program got higher ratings than the playoffs. it wasn't easy. So, yes. it was backbone.
Networks do care about money, but their reputations are intertwined with that.

The thing is liberals are still under the impression they're the oppressed group in the country. That hasn't been the case for a very long time. Was it the right decision? Yes. Did it take courage? No. Quite the opposite. Courage was putting the show on the air in the first place.

Also, I absolutely don't think it's a shame that the show was canceled. I've grown to understand the angst of those Roseanne was trying to represent, but that line has gotten far too blurred.
Unfortunately, yes. But, the Trump voters aren't going anywhere. The left still needs to deal with this, and their part in causing it, if they ever hope to win them back. Even doing well in the midterms is no guarantee of lasting success. That might just end up being a No Trump vote, as opposed to a Pro Democrat one.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, it's everyone else on that show who's funny. Roseanne is just outrageous and self centered and that's just not funny anymore.
Like I said I was more of a Married with Children fan, but I have to disagree that she wasn't funny, including on this new show. It's OK to admit that a rotten person has talent. Talent has nothing to do with morality, heh.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Nah. Sure, networks care about money, but their reputations are intertwined with that.

The thing is liberals are still under the impression they're the oppressed group in the country. That hasn't been the case for a very long time. Was it the right decision? Yes. Did it take courage? No. Quite the opposite.

Unfortunately, yes. But, the Trump voters aren't going anywhere. The left still needs to deal with this if they ever hope to win them back.
That's a conservative talking point. Liberals do not feel that they are the oppressed minorities. Progressive policies are (mostly) intended to protect minorities, the working class and the poor. White Christians are the MAJORITY in America. I get that working class white folk have a lot to complain about, but white people in general do not. Christians in general do not. The fact that more representation is going to other - it's called sharing - somehow feels like an assault to some white Christian people. Progress is happening faster than some can keep up. Most will. Some never will. I just have to almost completely agree to disagree with you on 90% of your points. This is where we part ways in the conversation. :wink:

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Like I said I was more of a Married with Children fan, but I have to disagree that she wasn't funny, including on this new show. It's OK to admit that a rotten person has talent. Talent has nothing to do with morality, heh.
She's all shock humor. Her WRITERS were funny and give her outrageousness a funny framework, but she's a dud . Have you seen her standup? No. Because it sucks and has since the 90's.