Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One thing that did work in Trump’s defense, was playing a montage of Dems turning a blind eye to the riots that happened last summer.
Most telling was Chris Cuomo saying “Tell me, where does it say that protests have to be peaceful and polite?”
He probably never thought his words would come back to bite him in the butt.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Speaking as a lib/dem myself, while I understand why the riots happened with George’s death, I hated the fact that it HAD to lead to these riots since so many other (unfairly killed) black people via police were completely silenced in the first place.

That said, it’s a shame so many buildings were destroyed and many innocent people lost their lives to this. And yes, I agree, the fact that the dems gave it a free pass absolutely disgusts me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Do you know how many Black people there are in this country? 37 million.
Do you know how many got shot by police last year? Fifteen.
Is that fifteen too many? Yes.
Does that mean Black people are dropping like flies at the hands of police? No, but that’s what the media would want you to believe.

MWoO

Reaction score
Speaking as a lib/dem myself, while I understand why the riots happened with George’s death, I hated the fact that it HAD to lead to these riots since so many other (unfairly killed) black people via police were completely silenced in the first place.

That said, it’s a shame so many buildings were destroyed and many innocent people lost their lives to this. And yes, I agree, the fact that the dems gave it a free pass absolutely disgusts me.
The wording of this question makes little sense, but it is based on what you wrote so...: what are the names of the many (unfairly killed) black people via police that got silenced?

Fuzzygobo's numbers are off, but the premise is the same. 226 total black people were shot and killed by police in 2020. 15 were unarmed. Even if all 226 people were unjustified shootings, it still doesn't fit the narrative of black people being executed in the streets by police.

Are there places where black people are targeted by police? Yes. Each time it happens the police in question should be held accountable as should their department. However, the hyperbolic non-sense that cops hunt black people in the streets does nothing but cause problems. It breeds distrust in black neighborhoods and lets crime run rampant. It makes actual cases of racial profiling get lost in the noise because they can too easily get dismissed as more hyperbolic non-sense.

There are zero justification for the riots and democratic leaders allowed them to continue for political gain.

The democrats also used doctored evidence during the impeachment trial. They doctored a tweet that was being used as evidence (changed dates and the verified status of the account referenced). They cut segments of Trump's speech and took them out of context, like when he said "peacefully let your voices be heard". They just cut that part out. They used selective editing to basically create a story that connected Trump to others when there was no connection. The democrats just flat out lied without shame and no one cares because it was against Trump.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hate what he went through, but he was a terrible person, spreading lies and misinformation, intentionally stirring up trouble and controversy, always trying to work people up . . . he could've easily been the Jerry Springer or Maury Povitch of talk radio and political commentary.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My dad used to listen to his show all the time, but he doesn’t watch and listen to politics anymore though.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that gas has gone up 35 cents in the last three weeks? We won't be able to afford to go anywhere again when we can finally go anywhere again.

And it's expected to go up another 20-25 cents in the next week or so. Many of the refineries were shut down in Texas due to the cold temps. Long term, expect higher gas prices as President Biden's go green initiatives go into effect in an attempt to phase out fossil fuels (i.e. shutting down pipelines, revoking drilling leases on federal lands, etc.). Prices of goods in general should be expected to go up as well as the feds pump money into the economy via the stimulus checks. Too much money will lead to inflation. Hope they get the balance right between stimulus and inflation.

Then again, certain liberals won't be able to connect the dots to President Biden's policies and will find a way to blame President Trump for it. Hate is blind, you know.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, I definitely noticed gas went up. I nearly had to pay 40 dollars to fill up my car a couple days ago on a (nearly) empty tank which I wasn’t too happy about, but nothing I can do about it 🤷🏿‍♂️