Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
Since I know this is often misconducted on the forum, one thing about white skin privilege is it doesn’t mean you should be ashamed for being Caucasian. Frankly even I hate the fact that it exists in the first place and I have to live with the label. It just means you may not have experienced certain issues poc have faced.

Frankly I just wish we could go back to Morgan Freeman’s quote: “How to end racism. Stop talking about it” and just treat everyone like equals.... but no.... people will still continue racism and the unecesarry double-standards that come along with it. 🤷🏿‍♂️

With that said, whenever it’s brought up, I wish people would also learn to not use it as an excuse to bring down the Caucasian race, and that’s something the extreme lefties are often guilty of doing.
I'll just say this much, what you see as the far left isn't very far left at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have I ever mentioned what an imbecile our state governor is? Because what is he doing right now? Passing legislation to allow for our state residents to carry guns without permits.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You live in a southern redneck state, what do you expect?

Last edited:

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I can’t help but feel that this thread was started due to my hateful POV... i dont know that I can ever truly be redeemed, but I’ll do anything to reverse the effects of my prior actions with better ones.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s not a matter of doing anything to redeem yourself. We’ve all said or done things we regretted, myself included. Acknowledging you did something you feel was wrong and wanting to do better is a big step. Not everybody gets to this point. That means putting your big boy pants in. That’s big.
It’s part of growing.

Think about this. It’s not good people that get into Heaven, but forgiven people.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that Trump's defense team is actually playing the, "He didn't mean what he said, they were just figures of speech" card during the impeachment trial today, in spite of the fact that his followers take just about everything he says so seriously as if it's the Word of God Himself actually makes me think of SS . . . how many times have changes been made to the show over the decades because kids were imitating what they were seeing and it was causing harm to them? Like having Don Music stop banging his head on his piano because kids were imitating such behavior? Or having to stop some of those little Jon Stone touches like randomly throwing and tossing AMs or generic animal Muppets in the backgrounds of inserts because kids were doing the same? Or even banning a whole episode because apparently kids were more entertained by Telly and his cousin fighting each other to the point of hospitalization that the actual message was lost on them?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve been around when Don Music was new, and nobody of my generation ever banged their head on a piano.
We also watched the Road Runner and Coyote, but none of us were inspired to run off a cliff.
We watched Oscar, but nobody wanted to live in a garbage can.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We watched Oscar, but nobody wanted to live in a garbage can.
One of our local Blockbusters used to have a play area when I was little, with a large toy bin with a hinged lid; whenever my parents would browse for videos, I'd climb inside the chest, and whenever another little kid would walk by, I'd pop out and say, "SCRAM!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And just like that, as always, Donald Trump literally gets away with murder, again.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Why, because he got acquitted?
Well, to get impeached a second time is a high hurdle to overcome when the purpose of impeachment is to remove him from office.
He’s out of office.
If he did get away with murder, it certainly wasn’t because of his defense team. Nowadays, it will be next to impossible to get any law firm that will want to represent him.

If it’s because of violent language, that would be impeachable grounds for half the Democrats. Let’s start with Maxine Waters and work down.