Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean right off the bat the title really feels like a cheap way to get someone to read the article just by throwing in the word “racist.” If it had said something like “The struggles of inequalities with teaching math” then I think that would be fair. But nowadays it really feels like it’s just easy to throw on the word “racist” with anything if it means attracting people’s selective hearing.

If any rate, I gave this article a read, and some points I can give credit for giving examples of unfair situations, but other instances just come off a bit straw man.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I sucked at math too. It’s not racist, just a different part of your brain working. You also needed math skills to do Chemistry properly, and I struggled there too.

Verbally I scored much higher. English, grammar, reading, spelling, vocabulary, that came easy.
Way back when, SAT scores were divided in two sections, Math and Verbal. 800 points each for a maximum 1600.
I got 420 Marh, but 780 Verbal, 1200 score.
My college board was happy enough with that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This better be true honestly.

This better be ******* true.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This better be true honestly.

This better be ******* true.

I’m really curious how they expect prices to drop so low, if we’re not producing as much oil as a year ago.
Gas prices were cheaper last year because we had our own supply. We weren’t dependent on OPEC
Now Biden is begging OPEC for oil, and they’re refusing to sell to him. If they did, it would not come cheap.
We have about 75 million oil barrels in reserve. Last month Biden authorized the use of 40 million barrels. That’s enough to run this country for two days. Gas prices dropped only a few pennies. Now we depleted our reserves by half. If we ever need to use more, it won’t be cheap.

Basic economics. Low supply, high demand = high prices.
So again, I’m curious to know how prices will drop without us drilling and producing our own oil again.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I only expect gas to get much higher next year. It’ll be 4-5 dollars by this point.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I’m really curious how they expect prices to drop so low, if we’re not producing as much oil as a year ago.
Gas prices were cheaper last year because we had our own supply. We weren’t dependent on OPEC
Now Biden is begging OPEC for oil, and they’re refusing to sell to him. If they did, it would not come cheap.
We have about 75 million oil barrels in reserve. Last month Biden authorized the use of 40 million barrels. That’s enough to run this country for two days. Gas prices dropped only a few pennies. Now we depleted our reserves by half. If we ever need to use more, it won’t be cheap.

Basic economics. Low supply, high demand = high prices.
So again, I’m curious to know how prices will drop without us drilling and producing our own oil again.
Its the Biden Plan. Tank the economy. Less demand for oil from manufacturing. Gas prices drop.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, if you live in a city, it’s easy to grab a bus, subway, or taxi. The further away you get from cities, the more you rely on your own wheels. And not too many people can afford an electric car. Yet.
But those in office don’t mind riding in the back of chauffeur driven limos. If they had to drive, and gas money was completely by out of their pocket, THEN they might take notice.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean it’s a lose-lose situation either way, especially if you don’t live in a city.

I don’t even like using Lyft or Uber because I just don’t feel right going in a complete stranger’s car unless I absolutely have to, city buses are also good at getting into accidents.