Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Angela Mae

Reaction score
girls (and women) in a little while with Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I know this thread is pretty much just a dead horse now and I don’t expect it to blow up at all even with the fact that it IS a political year this year….

But honestly, I hate seeing a lot of the stuff I posted when participating in this thread. My political views, and at that, my maturity levels with it have changed drastically the past two years (2022 and 2023 respectfully).

At this point I’m done with politics altogether and just enjoy being an independent thinker. At most my views are pretty left while having a few right-leaning views here and there. That being said, all politics do is just bring out the worst in everyone and divide this already very divided country further. It’s not worth the stress I need in my life or the blood pressure levels I need jacking up.

Frankly I’m not looking forward to this year’s election with the possibility that it’s just gonna be another Trump vs Biden election. The only thing I honestly look forward to is opening a bottle of white wine to help me get through the annoyance known as Election Day.

We’ll see what happens when the day comes. But otherwise, I look forward to it just coming and going and see where our country goes from there.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yeah, can't say I agree with everything I posted on here. Opinions change with time and new information. When this thread was super active around 2021-2022, it was pretty fun to see all the different views but also just seemed like the same sentiments were being repeated over and over again.

On the Trump v Biden front, maybe I just like watching a dumpster fire, but I'm sorta interested to see how this rematch plays out. It could really go either way, and I'm excited to see what happens. Don't like either and will never vote for these senile old men, but I'm going to enjoy the show.

Last thing I'll say is I have yet to find a political debate on the internet that ends with someone changing their mind, and that pretty much sums up how pointless it is to waste time fighting with strangers about this stuff.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s the thing with politics. People are set in their ways and don’t change their minds if things are presented right in front of them. From my experience, it’s best to just let people learn things themselves.

Buuuuuuuut yeah, if it’s another Biden vs Trump election…… I’m just not voting. The entire election otherwise just rounds down to “vote for the other candidate because he’s not Donald Trump” like it did in the previous election year (I’d also count 2016 but it honestly felt more like “vote for Hillary because she’s a woman” more than anything else).

Angela Mae

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching the radical Greens and the rest of the far left here crash and burn in the ATSI Voice referendum.

Turns out that non-intellectuals know when they are being treated as idiots, looked down upon and called “Bogans” - and in the privacy of the voting booth? They can vote as they think!