Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Again, Bloomberg has admitted it was a mistake and is trying to fix it . . . we can't even get Trump to do that, because he'll never admit to any wrongdoing or fix any of his mistakes, and just play his favorite game: the blame game.
I can give him some credit for that, but it’s a huge blight on his career and I’m honestly shocked that you voted for him. As you mentioned in your post, he’s just a Democrat’s version of Trump — rich and powerful with the interests of the billionaire class more in mind than the people he would be sworn in to represent. And less memorable than Trump, too.

Bernie’s been saying the same things since the ‘80s. He’s always been fighting for minorities (got arrested during the civil rights movement while protesting for black rights, spoke out against anti-LGBTQ+ leaders for years) and didn’t fall prey to the blunders his peers like Biden did (he voted against the Iraq War)... Bloomberg didn’t have a chance in Ηell. Warren made sure of that during the debates. It was down to Bernie and Biden and Biden ended up getting the nomination. Oh well.

Mission failed. We’ll get ‘m next time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least when Bloomberg was New York’s mayor, he didn’t run it into the ground like DeBlasio’s doing.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
At least when Bloomberg was New York’s mayor, he didn’t run it into the ground like DeBlasio’s doing.
Deblasio has been so awful I wouldn't rule out a Rudy Giuliani type Republican to win next year in the mayoral election. A lot of my democratic and independent leaning friends and family are very fed up with everything the party has been doing lately. My Mom is no fan of Trump but does not Like Biden and how far left the party has gone.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Some only read about it (maybe), but I’ve been in New York dozens of times over the years. During his time as mayor (2001-2009) Giuliani really cleaned up New York. Times Square was safe. The subways were safe. The murder rate was down. There will always be crime, poverty, and homelessness in a city of 8 million people, but you could still walk down the street at night.
Yesterday, nobody in New York City died from Covid, but three were shot dead.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Conservatives keep clamoring that the right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution, and that any form of gun control is a violation of their "God-given rights."

Well, you know what else is a God-given right that's protected by the Constitution? The right to dissent. People in this country have a right to protest peacefully . . . and while, yes, some protests have gotten out of hand, and some have resulted in riots and looting, a majority of the protests in this country have been perfectly legal and peaceful . . . but a lot of those protestors have still been apprehended and arrested anyway (a la our very own Colbynfriends, who has been arrested three times, along with other disabled Americans like him, who have been peacefully protesting against the Trump "Administration" stripping them of their own rights).

It's bad enough that Trump is deploying his own personal Gestapo and SS to go after protestors in places like Portland and such, but just to reiterate how my state currently has the worst governor we ever had, Governor Lee has just signed a bill that if anyone in the state of Tennessee is arrested for protesting, their right to vote will be completely revoked. Tennessee is a very conservative state, Lee is a very conservative governor, and he ***-kisses Trump like so many others do: this is just another example of how conservatives are pulling any stops they can to try to rig this year's election and keep as many liberals, independents, undecided, and others from voting as they can to ensure Trump wins again.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheesh. These conventions got my parents practically screaming at and cussin' each other out. Is it any small wonder why I relate to George Costanza (or even Ray and/or Robert Barone)?