Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
That’s the thing with politics. People are set in their ways and don’t change their minds if things are presented right in front of them. From my experience, it’s best to just let people learn things themselves.

Buuuuuuuut yeah, if it’s another Biden vs Trump election…… I’m just not voting. The entire election otherwise just rounds down to “vote for the other candidate because he’s not Donald Trump” like it did in the previous election year (I’d also count 2016 but it honestly felt more like “vote for Hillary because she’s a woman” more than anything else).
And if you thought that was bad, now it's "Vote for biden because he isn't trump". What a winning message.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For what it’s worth sharing - this woman’s impression of Kamala Harris is completely spot-on!

She even got the laugh down correctly! I cringe every time she does that stupid forced laugh of hers.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I really hate that this election is just another “vote for the other guy that didn’t write mean tweets” scenario.

Voting third party now honestly just feels very tempting if not voting at all is considered “cowardly.”

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be fair, this isn’t the first time Frank has gone pretty harsh on the Muppets in modern day times.

There are days I really do think Jim’s passing really took a tole on how he honestly feels about performing them now. Not that I blame him though, given that they were practically buddies and business partners when performing together.

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
I guess this fits here, interesting situation.

I agree with Frank on this to a point. It depends on the character and the platform. Even when Sesame Street characters appeared on late night shows, they retained a sense of innocence even when there was some added edge. Of course, when you throw in a platform like Twitter, there is less control over what a character says. I don't know who runs the character twitters. Could be some intern, could be the performers themselves.

In this case, it's not a risqué topic, but do we really want Cookie Monster talking about economic down fall? But then again, is there really a risk of kids reading this?

Angela Mae

Reaction score
It is the same as what happened when Andy Griffith was proposed as a possible candidate against Jesse Helms or Nancy Kulp ran in Pennsylvania - these people are insulated by a glow of warm apolitical nostalgia. But if they ever run for office, they will have to start saying and doing things that people who love them from TV (or the movies) won't like.