1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Ricky Gervais in Talks to Star in 'Muppets' Sequel

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Borples

Borples Active Member

I was one of those who was hoping there wasn't going to be a "human lead" in the film, especially since we already have a villain and a "femme fatale." Of course, it remains to be seen how significant the role is. As for Gervais...ok, I'm not a big fan. But then, he loves the Muppets, right? So he gets points for that. What worries me is that he's the sort that tends to suck all of the attention in a room to himself. It's a gift, but not one I'm eager for the Muppets to share screen time with.

I still expect great things from the movie. But I don't find this news, taken on its own, exciting.

2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the Nostalgia Critic make an appearance. I still think he should review a classic Muppet film - or maybe even all the Muppet films at once. Did he hang up his NC hat? Nobody else on his site is remotely funny.

3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

He's moved on from the Critic, mainly to work on bigger projects. Though he has said the Critic may make future apperances.

4. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

:sympathy: I liked him

5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah my hubby likes him. He was pretty bummed.

6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

We already have a villian? Who is it? I must have missed that news or I just forgot, can someone please remind me?
    Has anyone been cast yet for the female role too? I remember there were talks about it, but I don't remember anything being announced..:confused:

I think humans are important in a Muppet movie, you need humans to balance things out. Also, a lot of people will also come to the movie if they hear someone that they really like is playing in it, like Ty Burrell or Ricky Gervais. YAAAAAAYYYYY!!

7. Pinkflower7783

Humans are important yes but for me personally their not the main reason I go to see a Muppet movie.

8. Muppet fan 123

Not for us of course, but for non-Muppet fans, what might be pushing some of them is the stars in the movie.

9. Pinkflower7783

True Ill give you that one.

10. Muppet fan 123

Yay! One point for me! :)

11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, human roles really are what tend to draw younger generations foreign to the Mupptes...I've said it on here before, but I continue to think back to the little kid who told me that she was going to see The Muppets because her older sister has a crush on Jason Segel.

Hey...whatever works to draw fans in, even if we have to kidnap someone.

12. Pinkflower7783

Pshh my baby is gonna know who the muppets are before people. :p

Mo Frackle and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  13. Mo Frackle

Muppet Fan Kid: I can't wait to see the new Muppet movie!
    Kid's friend: Yeah, it's gonna have Lady Gaga in it!
    Muppet Fan kid: Who? Is that a new Muppet? Well anyway, Thog's gonna be in it! With a speaking part!

14. Pinkflower7783

Yep! My baby is gonna be one smart cookie! :)

Muppet fan 123 and Mo Frackle like this.
  15. Mo Frackle

And everytime someone says "cookie", I think we have a good idea of the first thing that's going to pop into his or her head.

cjd874 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Cookie Monster?

17. Mo Frackle

:insatiable:: On nom nom nom!

18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I heard he was going to do movies, but it seems like right now he's doing his own version of How it Should Have Ended.

19. Borples

Borples Active Member

Oh, sorry, I was thinking the interpol inspector was the villain. I guess we don't know that yet? You'll have to excuse me, I think Christmas has addled my brain.

No casting on the femme fatale yet, that I know of. But we know the character is supposed to be there. I'm just thinking that three seemingly-major human characters is a lot. But I guess it depends on how major they are.

20. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

Well, my favorite, The Great Muppet Caper, had Lady Holiday and her brother, plus the three femme fatale's, so I'm not too worried with the human count I guess, The names we have so far are TERRIFIC as far as Muppet/Human interaction potential goes!!
    I'm not ashamed to admit though that as long as there's LOTS of Miss Piggy (LOTS)...like GMC lots!) I'll be A-OK.

Pinkflower7783 and jvcarroll like this.