Rowlf Fan here. How many others out there?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Rowlf fan

Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
Wait, forget about that. Don't tell anybody I cried okay. Maybe nobody will notice.
I didn't notice and I was sitting right next to you! :stick_out_tongue:

Seriously though, Rowlf is my 2nd favorite character. He's so cool, calm and collective. Taking the quiet and philosophical approach (or non-approach) on issues from time to time; or being loud and outspoken at others.

Two of my favorite Rowlf Moments: "English Country Garden" with Fozzie at the piano in the Jaye P. Morgan episode of The Muppet Show (I've only ever seen the portion in The World of Jim Henson documentary); and Rowlf's two introduction scenes in Muppet Family Christmas with the "exhausted" joke, slipping on the icy patch, the "out-of-tune piano" and chatting with Sprocket.

Were I given the command of a starship, he'd be my top choice as First Officer. He can be my Number One any day.

Bovegard

Reaction score
Hi,

I like Rolwf and think it's a shame he died with Jim. But then so did Dr Teeth. I like him too. I also like Janice and Sweetums but they have both sliped to just being part of the background in the films. Sad:frown:

Bye,
Bovegard

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rowlf

OOOOH YEAH!!! ROWLF WAS THE MAN!!!! okay, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to say, I miss Rolwf. It's kinda discouraging, though. You see, he's one of the characters they don't use cause they can't find a suitable replacement for a passed Muppeteer. He is amoung the group as Scooter, Dr.Teeth, Forgetful Jones (on Sesame), Link Hogthrob, and many many others to name. It's just too bad. I got an old Rowlf figure from the 70's Muppet set, but the paint on his nose scratched off. I love that little dog and hope that he comes back.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Rowlf lives

Originally posted by Drtooth
You see, he's one of the characters they don't use cause they can't find a suitable replacement for a passed Muppeteer.
Hey Tooth,

Check out some earlier posts in the thread. Rowlf has indeed found a replacement.... or, a "continuer", if you will. Bill Barretta displayed a fine performance of Ol' Brown Ears just this past December in Muppet Show Live!. None of us could believe our little inferior human ears: it was Rowlf, in the fur! Bill was really dead-on for Jim's voice, although I did sense a hint of Bobo in there; but just a tad.

According to Bill himself (as he has posted here at MC in the past), he also donned the canine for Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space.

Hopefully, we'll begin to start seeing some more of Rowlf in future projects. I know I'll be looking for him in this year's It's A Wonderful Muppet Christmas Movie.

Raech

Reaction score
Oh I would love to see Rowlf in the New Fox Muppets, also in the Halloween Special on NBC.

... "a skunk was badgered the results were strong... I hope that something better comes along..."

Drtooth

Reaction score
This one is for scarecroe. I have seen the light. Indeed, someone is now performing Rowlf. The sad thing is, he isn't there that much. He does have cameos, of course. The newest Muppet Movies did feature him (mostly nonspeaking) and on Muppets tonight (too bad it was only for a second and all he said was "Yeah") and in the Muppet Racemania game. And I like that word, "continuers" much better than replacements. Someone who does not replace Jim (or Richard, for that matter) but continues the role for them. Thanks again, man!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Drtooth-

Hey no problem, bud. Yeah I was just as excited as everyone else when Rowlf strolled onto that stage with such a big part. He actually had a full sketch with Kermit, stage right at Kermit's desk. Fantastic stuff. Keep your fingers crossed for more of him in this year's Xmas movie. There were also rumors floating around of a classic character or two showing up in Kermit's Swamp Years and Rowlf was one of those probosculated upon; although I think someone may have confirmed having seen younger versions of Statler and Waldorf puppets lying around, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, here's to the continuance of Rowlf!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Too bad that I didn't have any money, so I could have gone to Muppetfest. I REALLY wanted to go. But anyway, I want to get Rowlf's new figure or (if I had PS1 or2) Muppet Racemania. I hope I can find my old Baby Rolwf Doll. Im just can't seem to remember what box it was in!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Re: Drtooth-

Originally posted by scarecroe
Keep your fingers crossed for more of him in this year's Xmas movie.
Done, but now I think they're stuck.

Nadine

Reaction score
Rowlf was a great character; his duet with Kermit was one of the best parts of the Muppet Movie.