1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Rowlf Puppet

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by rtgentry, Oct 4, 2005.

1. rtgentry Member

I have the foam head cut. Not much really. I need the right material for Fur.
  2. bezalel New Member

Hey rtgentry. I ran across this site the other day. Looks like they carry a similar fur to Rowlf's fur here. I've never ordered from them before, but it looks like they have some cool fur (not to mention their prices look almost too good to be true). Hope this helps!

P.S. I'll be emailing you soon regarding your other question.
  3. rtgentry Member

Bez, what two furs would you recomend for rowlf off that web site? They are awesome@@!!! Thanks so much
  4. ravagefrackle New Member

nice looking fur, but you will need to find somthing with a fur pile length of at least an inch and a half
  5. rtgentry Member

Well, the length is not as important to me as the color. I mean I want it to be as close as possible but it doesnt have to be exact. I am not a pro, so its not going to be super awesome
  6. doctort13 Member

Has anyone ever made an Oscar The Grouch puppet? If so, post a link so we may take a peek.
  7. Was Once Ernie New Member

This guy did:

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/puppets/replicas.html

I don't know him... have nothing to do with him... I just stole this link from another thread.

:p
  8. doctort13 Member

All of his puppets look great! I wonder if he works/worked for Henson and/or Sesame? The only thing about his Oscar is that it's rather clean.

When I get around to building mine, it will be the original "Toxic Orange" grouch.:grouchy:
  9. bezalel New Member

The dark brown fur that's linked to in the original post, looks like it may work for the body. I'd ask the company to send a swatch before you buy, just to make sure. Seems like they would send you one. You can't really get a perfect representation of color from a website. I didn't really see anything on the site that jumped out as being good for Rowlf's face.
    With Muppet replicas, color is always more important than texture. If the color is off too much, it's far more noticeable than if the texture is fudged a bit. You'll never match exactly, but, as with any replica, close is good.
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

He does not. He doesn't make those for sale, either. I think it's Keeeeermit on the boards here. He's awesome! :)
  11. Keeermit Active Member

Hi there all,
    yes that is my website www.angelfire.com/jazz/puppets

thanks for your kind words about my Oscar the Grouch - he is a great puppet to operate because he is so loose in his mouth very expressionable along with his moving eyebrows - a perfect design for a puppet. :grouchy:
  12. rtgentry Member

SOrry Its been in hiatus latley. I have been busy with a city park clean up through my life group at church. We went out and cleaned the parks graffiti off all the benches and equipment on saturday and then had a big cook out. We had free hotdogs and sausage, clowns, music, facepaintings. And yes Puppets. THe kids loved it, they were so into the puppets.
  13. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Eh, just drop all that other stuff and finish Rowlf!!!

Just kidding of course, but I really can't wait to see him! :D
  14. Convincing John Well-Known Member

15. Fozzie Bear Moderator