Rowlf Puppet

rtgentry

Reaction score
I have the foam head cut. Not much really. I need the right material for Fur.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey rtgentry. I ran across this site the other day. Looks like they carry a similar fur to Rowlf's fur here. I've never ordered from them before, but it looks like they have some cool fur (not to mention their prices look almost too good to be true). Hope this helps!

P.S. I'll be emailing you soon regarding your other question.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Bez, what two furs would you recomend for rowlf off that web site? They are awesome@@!!! Thanks so much

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
nice looking fur, but you will need to find somthing with a fur pile length of at least an inch and a half

rtgentry

Reaction score
Well, the length is not as important to me as the color. I mean I want it to be as close as possible but it doesnt have to be exact. I am not a pro, so its not going to be super awesome

doctort13

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made an Oscar The Grouch puppet? If so, post a link so we may take a peek.

doctort13

Reaction score
All of his puppets look great! I wonder if he works/worked for Henson and/or Sesame? The only thing about his Oscar is that it's rather clean.

When I get around to building mine, it will be the original "Toxic Orange" grouch.:grouchy:

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Bez, what two furs would you recomend for rowlf off that web site?
The dark brown fur that's linked to in the original post, looks like it may work for the body. I'd ask the company to send a swatch before you buy, just to make sure. Seems like they would send you one. You can't really get a perfect representation of color from a website. I didn't really see anything on the site that jumped out as being good for Rowlf's face.
Well, the length is not as important to me as the color. I mean I want it to be as close as possible but it doesnt have to be exact.
With Muppet replicas, color is always more important than texture. If the color is off too much, it's far more noticeable than if the texture is fudged a bit. You'll never match exactly, but, as with any replica, close is good.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
All of his puppets look great! I wonder if he works/worked for Henson and/or Sesame?
He does not. He doesn't make those for sale, either. I think it's Keeeeermit on the boards here. He's awesome! :smile: