Rumor: Finding Nemo 2?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
They only stopped animated sequels, and the last Little Mermaid and the Tinkerbelle movies were too far into production to stop. The sad thing is, they had a conceptual sequel to Hercules that was supposed to be the original concept of the first movie. Something about the Trojan wars, and Herc getting caught up in both sides.

Unfortunately, it also put a hold on DTV Mickey Mouse character movies. Something we really need at the moment. I'm not going to say why, you know why by now.

BUT DTV live action movies, Lassiter has NO control over.

They really want to, but they want to have the perfect script. Brad's busy with live action movies, and I don't want to see anyone but him working on it.
Yes I loved Three Musketeers! Does anyone know if the turtle narrator exisited before that movie? He's very funny.

Princeton

Reaction score
But when a movie carries a PG rating, it means Parental Guidance suggested for a reason. I HATE when PG rated movies are G rated with a fart joke. They altered the song "New York, New York" to have "Heck" in it for Madagascar 3... nothing in that movie seemed remotely PG-ish. Wasn't even dark.

Meanwhile, Rango had mild cussing, dark situations, and adult humor. THAT was PG. Remember the TMNT movie from 1990? Raph was constantly dropping the D bomb, not even subtly, and there was a crap load of heavy violence? The 2007 one's violence was toned down, and not a D was uttered, not even once. yet, cussing was all over PG rated Speed Racer.
But if a child is young enough, wouldn't their parents accompany them anyway? Plus, most parents don't care if their young kids see a PG movie (PG13 and up is where it gets a little chancey).

Incredibles aside (yes I'm aware it was toned down a bit from Bird's original concept), I think any innuendos in Ratatouille are rather subtle and are mostly played for laughs; the biggest one would be Linguini himself, considering he's basically the illegitimate son of Gusteau, since he was born out of wedlock, but other than that, stuff like one of the chef's being fired from the circus for "messing around with the ringmaster's daughter", and brief awkwardness after Linguini finally admits his feelings for Colette (yeah, I know there's a brief moment where the shot is supposed to be through his eyes, and he's checking out her butt for a second), those are subtle and played for laughs.
I don't care how subtle the jokes are; if Brad Bird thinks the world's going to liquify if he doesn't include those vulgar jokes in a movie, then maybe he should be solely a live-action director.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you think those jokes were vulgar, I'd advise you to avoid MOST of almost any kind of entertainment today/.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I love Brad Bird and I see nothing wrong with the PG animated films he created with Pixar or the Iron Giant. In fact, their among my favorite absolute favorite films. Not everything needs to be a cynical cash grab like Cars 2. Let's face it. Yes, that did have a plot, but it removed all the charm of the original and it was basically created to sell toys.

I think the problem with Pixar is too little Brad Bird. He's a fantastic storyteller and wouldn't have stood for the sloppiness of Bug's Life, Wall-E or Brave. His films are layered, thoughtfully crafted and they fire on all cylinders. They're not intended for toddlers, but any innuendo they contain would go over their heads just as it does with classic Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Another Nemo is a boring idea. I'm sure they can pound-out a story, but why? Where has the Pixar imagination gone? Why not just put their collective heads together and find a new angle so they can revive Newt?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly... except that I liked both WALL E and Brave.
Those films aren't bad, just not as finely crafted as Bird's efforts. Wall-E is a likable movie that gets kind of lost and preachy and even insensitive toward overweight people half-way through. Brave is beautiful and a great idea, but the storytelling seemed much more muddled, and almost like some of the lesser Disney movies, than the usual standards of Pixar. Something seems to be slipping there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can see what you mean on both accounts, I know that WALL
  • E
  • did receive a lot of negative criticism for the way it portrayed overweight stereotypes as being incredibly lazy and so overly dependent on conveniences as opposed to fending for themselves. Personally, I think it was one of Pixar's more "eye-candy" oriented movies, which seems to be most of what the positive reviews are based on.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I can see what you mean on both accounts, I know that WALL-E did receive a lot of negative criticism for the way it portrayed overweight stereotypes as being incredibly lazy and so overly dependent on conveniences as opposed to fending for themselves. Personally, I think it was one of Pixar's more "eye-candy" oriented movies, which seems to be most of what the positive reviews are based on.
I wish they'd use Wall-E for short subject cartoons. His early scenes in the film were so Charlie Chaplain-esque!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That wouldn't be a bad idea actually... it's been working for Toy Story.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That wouldn't be a bad idea actually... it's been working for Toy Story.
I like the idea of using some of their characters in short subjects rather than full-length films. They should leave those to original ideas. :smile: