Rumor: New Sesame Street Movie in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am deeply shocked that I am the only one who wants a Land of Gorch movie.
Who says you are? It's probably going to be better than half the SNL skit movies out there.

The thing about FTB was that even though it was about Big Bird, the other characters had a major role. With EIG, they had a role, but not quite as big. I actually think that people don't want to see is Elmo or Abby in the central role, and will take about anyone else.
EIG was rushed. No doubt about it. I have the same problem with that as I do with LTS... the other characters just sit their through most of the film, doing nothing to further the plot. And it didn't need to be if they had just one or two more rewrites. I love LTS, but find the ending (everything that happens at the North Pole, basically) anti-climactic. EIG blew a crap-load of opportunities. Elmo should have had a companion travel with him. Zoe, Telly (worrying all the way)... even Oscar would have been fun to have showing Elmo around Grouchland. But they blow that opportunity and shove Big Bird, Telly, and Oscar in jail ... Zoe's at home doing nothing....

FTB, while Big Bird was the star, was more of an ensemble piece. Each character group had their own little vignettes of what they were doing on the way to find Big Bird... they picked the cream of the crop of the characters, and we had a fun journey that focused on Big Bird, but gave the others something to do. Even arguably Abby in Wonderland and CinderElmo, but I don't count those as movies. They desperately need to give other characters something to do in this film.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even arguably Abby in Wonderland and CinderElmo, but I don't count those as movies.
That's what I was asking earlier, are those two going to "not count", and we're going to pretend they didn't happen like KSY, IAVMMCM, and MWoO because they weren't theatrical movies?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, it was a DVD movie, CE was a TV movie.

But again, it seems like for most Muppet Freaks or Sesamites, if it's not a theatrical movie, then it doesn't count as a real movie.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i just really am hoping for a Bert and Ernie movie some way that they can do it. Or if not everybody loves Grover :super:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I was asking earlier, are those two going to "not count", and we're going to pretend they didn't happen like KSY, IAVMMCM, and MWoO because they weren't theatrical movies?
The question is, are they even theatrical length? I missed CinderElmo, but saw Abby in Wonderland. There was NO attempt at making AIW look a thing like a movie (it wasn't even shot through a filter to make it look like a movie, unlike Cinderelmo), and it didn't have a run time measurable to a theatrical feature (same reason I don't count LTS as a movie). In fact, they had to run the street story of an episode to fill out an hour when they showed AIW on PBS.

Though AIW was indeed shown in theaters at Kidtoons Cinema, as was the DTV project Dinosaurs.

But it still doesn't quite count as a film on those technicalities. If so, we'd have to include the Peter and the Wolf special, Elmo's Magic Cook Book, and various others as "films" too.

Even with the three Muppet DTV/Telefilms project, they were treated like movies... VMX even has "Movie" in the title. However, I still count those as DTV projects that are "films" on the technicality that they're filmed like movies and have a measurable film runtime (over an hour).

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The question is, are they even theatrical length? I missed CinderElmo, but saw Abby in Wonderland. There was NO attempt at making AIW look a thing like a movie (it wasn't even shot through a filter to make it look like a movie, unlike Cinderelmo), and it didn't have a run time measurable to a theatrical feature (same reason I don't count LTS as a movie). In fact, they had to run the street story of an episode to fill out an hour when they showed AIW on PBS.

Though AIW was indeed shown in theaters at Kidtoons Cinema, as was the DTV project Dinosaurs.

But it still doesn't quite count as a film on those technicalities. If so, we'd have to include the Peter and the Wolf special, Elmo's Magic Cook Book, and various others as "films" too.

Even with the three Muppet DTV/Telefilms project, they were treated like movies... VMX even has "Movie" in the title. However, I still count those as DTV projects that are "films" on the technicality that they're filmed like movies and have a measurable film runtime (over an hour).
Yeah, the only Sesame special I know of that runs about the length of a movie is Big Bird in China, which is a couple minutes longer than Elmo in Grouchland. I never considered Abby in Wonderland or CinderElmo movies because, well, they were 1-hour TV specials, Abby didn't even have that going for it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alls I know is SW has said that although AIW was produced for DVD, it was meant to be a movie for Abby.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
the thing that will make or break this movie is they have to use a lot of different Muuppets in the movie. Cookie Grover and Ernie and Bert and Oscar need to be funny. Let big bird Elmo and maybe even Abby do some of the tear jerking moments, and the movie will be fine.
Was it not Mr. Joey Manzeno who during the filming of SS season 40 was saying how sad it was that they had a room full of unused Muppets at the studio and how he wished he could have put more old school refrecese in the show? If that is the case then we should be fine.

Hubert

Reaction score
Plus, even if they don't have a room full of Muppets that aren't being used, we still know they have Biff and Sully and Sherlock Hemlock and Herry and Harvey Kneeslapper puppets, as they've been used recently. It'd be great if they could even make a silent cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.