Rumor: New Sesame Street Movie in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, if not a Super Grover epic, at least give us another Big Bird movie to compensate for Elmo having TWO (a theatrical movie and a TV movie).

One thing I'm really interested in seeing is how are they going to tackle the actual Sesame Street setting? I'm sure like with both FTB and EIG, they're going to film on a different set than the one used in the Kaufman Studios, but would it be a realistic set built and filmed on-location outdoors like in FTB, or is it going to be a slightly larger and more detailed sound stage set like EIG? I certainly hope the former.

KingR76

Reaction score
Lol, #I #believe #we #all #are, #so #much #in fact, let's put #random ##s in front of our #words as we #type! :batty:
I'd copied what I'd put on Twitter on here, hence the hashtags.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Glad to see that Sesame Workshop (and Henson, but i STILL dought there will be any Fraggle movie!! the JHC has turned into somewhat of a joke!) is deciding go for forward with a NEW Sesame Street movie, EIG was a joke (as much as i STILL hate elmo!) i own it on VHS, im NOT ever gonna bother with an upgrade to dvd (or a blu ray if that ever happens) I bet my vhs had prob been viewed under 2 times! Now FTB i love! If the new SS movie is like FTB for ALL AGES and NOT full of Elmo and Abby (another i CAN'T stand!) like some MCer's have said...focus on the CLASSIC SS muppets! :skeptical:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I just realized that, if the Fraggle movie gets made, it will likely be distributed by Fox just as this movie is being distributed by Fox if it gets made. I'm guessing Fox is trying to be a big rival to Disney's Muppets now. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said, if not a Super Grover epic, at least give us another Big Bird movie to compensate for Elmo having TWO (a theatrical movie and a TV movie).
I wanna see them do an ensemble piece this time. Something that incorporates all the key current and classic characters, all working together. Logic would dictate that they'd consider an Abby focused movie, but that's going to scare away the boy demographic (look at the hoops Disney had and has to jump through marketing Tangled and Brave to boys, because they're clearly allergic to girl characters :rolleyes: ).

The possibilities are endless, but we won't know the direction for months at the least yet.

A Bear in the Big Blue House movie?
If only Disney did something with that character. Can't see why they bought that franchise if they have no plans for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.