Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Drtooth

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
and All Dogs go to Heaven! "An all Dogs Christmas Carol"

D'OH!!! How could I forget a production with Bebe Newwirth, Charles Nelson Reily, Ernest Borgnine, and Dom Deluise!!!

It's on DVD now, in case you're wondering, Zach...

jediX

Reaction score
There was a take on the xmas carol on a Roseanne halloween special.

I don't want another remake movie. Make something original, and as was stated earlier, undated and not a blasted parody. There are enough parody movies out there that stop being funny 6 months after they are released.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oz is a colorful timeless classic and I think the Muppets really are a perfect fit. It's not my first choice, but if this rumor is real* I don't think it would be disappointing. Also, it is true, there's nothing that can be done about it now so we might as well wait and see.

*Didn't someone get a reply from Henson that didn't deny the project? Usually companies deny things that aren't true and issue a no comment for items with truth in them. I take that as somewhat of a yes, but it technically could go either way. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Oz is a colorful timeless classic and I think the Muppets really are a perfect fit. It's not my first choice, but if this rumor is real* I don't think it would be disappointing. Also, it is true, there's nothing that can be done about it now so we might as well wait and see.
I just cannot fathom how we went from edgy Fox show to this...I had more faith in JHC than to go back in time to the era of 90's classic tale retelling films. :frown: I'm in the process of writing a little bit of a Muppet treatment I want to mail to JHC...I'm quite sure there would be nary a Muppet fan on here that wouldnt drool at what I have imagined. Sadly I fear innovation and new ideas is not what is being warranted these days. I wish I could say this was merely a rumor :frown:

jediX

Reaction score
Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, anything is better than another movie remake. :frown:

Beauregard

Reaction score
beaker said:
I just cannot fathom how we went from edgy Fox show to this...I had more faith in JHC than to go back in time to the era of 90's classic tale retelling films. :frown: I'm in the process of writing a little bit of a Muppet treatment I want to mail to JHC...I'm quite sure there would be nary a Muppet fan on here that wouldnt drool at what I have imagined. Sadly I fear innovation and new ideas is not what is being warranted these days. I wish I could say this was merely a rumor :frown:
Yu have no idea how hard it is to submit things to thme. Just a warning, they will not read it, I have been told that about ten times now by different people I sent mine too.

jediX

Reaction score
Most the time for legal reasons companies aren't allowed to take direct ideas.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yup. Henson does not read unsolicited scripts. The best way to get an in with them is to send them writing samples involving characters they do not own. It's still unlikely that they'd read it, but it gives you more of a chance. Still, they don't usually hire writers that way. They go for people who have been in the business a while. :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Motion picture companies will only hire Writer's Guild folks generally.

I sent a script to Disney in the early 1990's and it got sent back saying they never read it, but the pages were all folded over, so they made a photo copy of it at least it seems.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Muppet Wizard of Oz, huh?
My first impulse was to scream, and my SECOND impulse...Wait, STILL to scream. Lemme calm down a bit.

....Actually, this COULD be good. Or at least decent. Or not awful. (Have I gotten to the point where not awful Muppet stuff is acceptable?) I have a good deal of faith in the JHC still, and the mere PRESENCE of the Muppets make nearly anything enjoyable for me, (like watching MFS, and playing "find Rowlf"), and even KSY was still a WHOLE TON better than some stuff I've sat through...(Disney cheapquels, for instance.) As you can see, my feelings on this are mixed. :smirk: