Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Good idea, King Prawn!! This I like. And you also leave the plot open for transferring between the story of the Muppet Theater and Oz Happenings. Cool.

turlem

Reaction score
i'd like to see it this way.

actress as dorothy, it don't matter who, kermit as scarecrow, rowlf as tin-man(more just wishful thinking), fozzie as lion, gonzo as head of flying monkeys(that'd be hilarious), piggy as good witch, S&W as wizards.

Lion: I need courage

Statler: Courage? i'd say you already got it if you agreed to be in this movie

-S & W laugh-

Scarecrow: I need a brain

-S & W look at each other-

WAldorf: WEll, noi surprise there

the only thing is i kermit doesn't seem like a scarecrow, but i said him cuz he's the lead male character. everybody else would fit i think.

Bunsen& beaker i dunno.

Pepe maybe the mayor?

Maybe the munckins will be a bunch of whatnots, i dunno.

i honestly think this is a false rumor for one good reason the yelow brick road, we only see the top halves of the muppets. also there just doesn't seem like there's enuf characters

turlem

Reaction score
overall, i'm mildly excited, there's flaws in adapyting this idea. I LOVE the adaptations, MCC is tied w/ TMM for my favorites, in fact the script i wrote is an adaptation(i'll post it as a fanfic if it gets rejected).

but w/ oz there's seems to be too many hurdles, especally the road and lack of characters

Tera

Reaction score
I want Pepe as head of the flying monkeys. I can imagine him working for the Wicked Witch, especially if she's hot. Plus I think he's the only character who could steal the melting scene away from the witch as a ***** yet goodherted evil henchman.

Kermit has to be the Scarecrow, because Dorothy loves him "best of all"

I'm not certain who I'd put in as the Wizard (what would Statler and Waldorf do with it?), but Sam should be the guard to the Emerald City. There could be a sign saying "Not wearing green glasses is distinctly unpatriotic"

Like many others, I think the Muppets do amazing parodies, so I'm happy to see most anything they'll take on. I'm not sure Oz is the best choice, particualrly because of the famous music, but if they do it I'll be there!

Tera

Reaction score
Tera said:
I want Pepe as head of the flying monkeys. I can imagine him working for the Wicked Witch, especially if she's hot. Plus I think he's the only character who could steal the melting scene away from the witch as a ***** yet goodherted evil henchman.

Kermit has to be the Scarecrow, because Dorothy loves him "best of all"

I'm not certain who I'd put in as the Wizard (what would Statler and Waldorf do with it?), but Sam should be the guard to the Emerald City. There could be a sign saying "Not wearing green glasses is distinctly unpatriotic"

Like many others, I think the Muppets do amazing parodies, so I'm happy to see most anything they'll take on. I'm not sure Oz is the best choice, particualrly because of the famous music, but if they do it I'll be there!
oops - didn't know that word wan't allowed.
How about "romantically engaged evil henchman"?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I was thinking about this, and it could turn out greagt and really funny. this should be the cast:
:smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :concern: :sympathy:
Kermit should be the scarecrow
Piggy should be Dorthy
Gonzo should play L. frank Baum w/ Rizzo
Fozzie should be the tin-bear
Rowlf should by the "Lion"
Janice could play Glinda, which is admittedly strange
Pepe could be the head monkey or munchkin
Sam should play the gate keeper
Bunsen should be the wizard
a human guest star should play the witch,Aunt em and Uncle Henry

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fozzie has to play the lion. He's got the look and personality. It just works for him. The others I don't care much about, but Fozzie is just perfect casting.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
If the Muppets did this, I wonder if Foo Foo would play as Toto? :big_grin:

I would hope they would do like flying rats or Chickens or even the flighless penguin, instead of monkeys, but maybe still have sal as being the leader? LOL!

jediX

Reaction score
IF they do this, which I REALLY hope they don't, I'd assume they would cast the same way as they did for the segment in Muppets go to the Movies. That is, at least, if Dorothy is played by Piggy. If not, who knows where Piggy will be. I believe the casting in that was Gonzo-Tin Man, Fozzie-Lion, Piggy-Dorothy...um.... I forget who the Scarecrow was...if that's even what the character's name is. May have been Scooter. (I'm not a Wizard fan in the least.)

jediX

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
If the Muppets did this, I wonder if Foo Foo would play as Toto? :big_grin:

I would hope they would do like flying rats or Chickens or even the flighless penguin, instead of monkeys, but maybe still have sal as being the leader? LOL!
Heh....penguins with jetpacks. That would be quite amusing. OR! penguins dressed as monkeys with jetpacks and....ah nevermind forget it lol

:zany: