Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
radionate said:
Oz is also about to become a very hot property in the next 12 months. Mark my words, you'll be "ozzed" out by the end of 2005.
What've you heard?

Stulz

Reaction score
danielromens said:
here's my take.
Dorothy: A Human
Toto: FooFoo.
Scarecrow: Kermit
TinMan: Gonzo
Cowardly Lion: Fozzie
Glenda, the Good Witch: Miss Piggy

the end.
I Would quote the whole post but it's just too long.

Anyway If this "Oz Rumor" is true I hope they make it similar to what danielromens has dreamed up

A human being Dorothy I think would be best.
Wouldn't be be great if they mixed up all OZ movie verzions...
IE. Use "Ease on down the road" from "The Wiz", Classic "Oz" songs from the Original Movie, and add in a few new ones to give it that great Muppet feel.

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
radionate said:
Oz is also about to become a very hot property in the next 12 months. Mark my words, you'll be "ozzed" out by the end of 2005.
Now you say that I guess it all makes more sense why NBC chose that one out of all of them. I wonder what kinda budget they might get - can't see them getting $10 million for a second picture, though merchandise wise it is much more exploitable I suppose.

radionate

Reaction score
Luke said:
Now you say that I guess it all makes more sense why NBC chose that one out of all of them. I wonder what kinda budget they might get - can't see them getting $10 million for a second picture, though merchandise wise it is much more exploitable I suppose.
Well just from a marketing standpoint, they could exploit it to no end. Tag it along with the press fabricated "Puppet Craze" that they've been doing of late and they could have a gold mine. Provided they get the gears going soon. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see this as a Thanksgiving Weekend Made For TV Movie for November Sweeps.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Which would be wild since CBS normally runs MGM's WOO, that NBC would be running Muppets' WOO! LOL!!

chicagogonzo

Reaction score
radionate said:
There is a new Oz musical opening on Broadway very soon that is getting rave reviews, and there are some other things Oz that I've seen/heard rumblings about, .
If you are referring to "The Boy from Oz" with Hugh Jackman, this isn't about the Wizard of Oz, but about a guy from Australia. Of course, there could be another Oz project that I'm just not aware of.

Chicagogonzo

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i think the fact that i e mailed Henson Two days agoe and have not got a respose meas somthing. they uslay reply within the next day. It might not be Oz but somthing is defently goin on here they might have thorne the Oz idea out there to get us sid tracked and they might have somthing much better then this . thats just what im saying i may be dead wrong but i just dont think a Muppet OZ would work. if it did Kermit would probly be the Wizerd and that would mean he would not be in it much. and i dont think i would like that to much i love all the muppets but the Star is Kermet so i dont know. :smile:

Reaction score
I say that this is going to be GREAT!!!!!! I always loved Wizard of Oz and Muppets a toddler (not that I don't like either any more). But I think that Miss Piggy just can't be Dorathy. Maybe Glinda, that would be funny! But a guest star should play Dorathy and maybe the Wicked Witch. Just think. Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island both had guest stars as the main person! Well.... however it turns out, it should be awsome!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i think they need to get the wonderfull young lady who played Jeeny on MTM she just fit so well with the muppets really i thought that Jenny and kermit made a beter couple but that other story in every thing. but yea get the Lady that played Jenny i know she is older but she would be great for the part. :mad: