Votes: 18 39.1%
  • The Love Is Gone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pictures In My Head

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love it!!! Sometimes it does make me feel sad, especially when I connect it with the idea of growing up and leaving my friends and childhood in the past, but it's just not AS sad for me as the direct and pointed sadness of Saying Goodbye. "Good bye Kermie, good bye!" Its just too much!

Thank goodness that we can always know that no matter how many times we hear the Saying Goodbye song, it can always be followed with a rousing chorus of "Toooooogether Again."

Vincent L

Reaction score
It's hard for me to cry during "Love Led Us Here" when it's being intercut with pirates bathing in treasure.
To me, the pirates actually makes the scene more sad, as it provides a contrast to Kermit and Piggy's situation.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Life's a Happy Song.

Saddest song of ANY movie, not just Muppet ones.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
"Pictures in my Head" should not be on this list because it's predictable. The audience knew the Muppets would get back together, so it's wasted in the context of the story. OTOH, "Saying Goodbye" is a legitimate sad moment for the opposite reason: in TMTM, there was no guarantee that they would get back together
Why shouldn't it be on the list? It is a sad song in a way cause it makes you think back to when The Muppets were at their prime during the Muppet show and the movies. Especially that line "just another chance to entertain" that line gets me everytime. I don't cry but it does make me wish I could go back to the Jim Henson days.

bandit

Reaction score
I think what is sad is so much a matter of what one -feels-. Music is a language we all speak but like any language, we all have words in our vocabulary. It's entirely possible that even if you know it's going to turn out one way, something in the words or the tune will strike you somewhere and pull on your heart strings a little.

I understand what you're saying but, it is still so subjective.

Also, I know Pinky. She's a good lady who cries at the drop of a hat. ^_- She's tender hearted. So the song probably does make her cry. Let's not hold that against the girl.

As for me, I chose 'I'm Going to Go Back There Someday.' Admittedly, this is just based on what I've heard of these songs. It always got me. It's quiet and somber and a little longing. Something about that really speaks to me.

bandit

Reaction score
Aw, you should have said you DID cry so then I'd look all cool and heroic. Gee thanks, sail-wind stealer! JK

Naw, me neither. I just want everyone here to play nice. No one needs hard feelings. PFFFS.
I'm sticking to my choice though. I've always loved that song.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Lol!! Didn't know you had plans! Just that everyone is really good at respecting each other on here I want it to stay that way. Anyways...back on subject "I'm going to go back there" is also a sad one as well. I just picture Jim up there watching over everyone.