Save Pushing Daisies!

Davina

Reaction score
i sent one to abc 2 weeks ago when they were having their big "everyone send daisy stuff this week" push to try to save the show.. *sigh* apparently it didn't work... i hope WB responds better...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't see why this show can't stay on ABC. I still feel that ratings aren't correctly charted these days. :confused:

If it leaves ABC I hope they will shop it around to other networks or possibly cable. I can see this program having 9-13 episode seasons on USA, FX, AMC, Sci-Fi or Bravo in the basic cable market. Showtime and HBO could also be good fits for the show in a last resort pay cable market. That would alienate some viewers, but at least the programs would eventually hit the home video and rental markets. :cool:

I just don't like this axing of popular shows simply because they are not wildly popular. Not every has the lobotomized low-road Shonda Rhimes touch when it comes to ABC programming. Pushing Daisies is something the network should be proud of for balancing their smarmier Bachelor and Grey's Anatomy-style programming. This is like Disney telling Americans that apple pie won't work on network television. Forgive that more traditional moment from this less than traditional Frogboy. :embarrassed:

anytimepally

Reaction score
with Boston Legal and Pushing Daisies both ending after 13 episodes, I'll have no reason to watch ABC at all

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
with Boston Legal and Pushing Daisies both ending after 13 episodes, I'll have no reason to watch ABC at all
Boston Legal is getting canceled? That rumor has floated about since last season, but I just can't believe ABC would axe the show. It doesn't pull in the ratings it once did, but it is still very popular. Where did you hear this? :confused::eek:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well I have to say that I actually like the shows Desperate Housewives (closet fan:embarrassed:), Lost, Ugly Betty, and especially Samantha Who. But that's just me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well I have to say that I actually like the shows Desperate Housewives (closet fan:embarrassed:), Lost, Ugly Betty, and especially Samantha Who. But that's just me.
I like all of those but Lost. I feel that show just yanks the audience's chain. Housewives has improved quite a bit this season too.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Really the only show that i watch on ABC is Pushing Daisies just because it's the only show that makes me laughs sometime and feel sorry for the characters. I've watched Ugly Betty and don't get me wrong it's alright but since i didn't watch it from the beginning then i wouldn't be able to pick it up after so many episodes. And for the rest of the shows on ABC i don't really care just because it's not my type of shows. But i really hope that ABC thinks on what they are doing or just cancels it and hope to see it re-appear on another network.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, haven't seen much anything lately to tell you the truth, but it has improved since the beginning!
It started off strong but came close to jumping the shark. Now they've jumped several years ahead in the show and that has actually freshened up the storylines.

I'm still so sad about Pushing Daisies. It appears even the show's creator has written it off. I really hope not.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It started off strong but came close to jumping the shark. Now they've jumped several years ahead in the show and that has actually freshened up the storylines.
Yeah, I saw the beginning of the season where they went five years into the future! Very funny stuff indeed!