"Save Roger Rabbit" petition--April 2003 update

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But in the end, as long as there's execs on each side fueding with each other over who gets rights to specific properties (just as there's people at DC and Marvel creating characters that are basically knock-offs of the competition [ex: Marvel's Deadpool is a shot at DC character--and Teen Titans arche-foe--Slade "Deathstroke the Terminator" Wilson], like Time Warner & Disney did in past years [ex: In the era of black-and-white animation being similar for practically every company, Time Warner created Bosko & Honey/Foxy & Roxy to counter the most influential mouse husband and wife/endless lovers couple in cartoon history in Disney's Mickey & Minnie...after the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit ordeal]), we'll be stuck with people having their egos inflated or whatever & nothing will be resolved.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But in the end, as long as there's execs on each side fueding with each other over who gets rights to specific properties (just as there's people at DC and Marvel creating characters that are basically knock-offs of the competition [ex: Marvel's Deadpool is a shot at DC character--and Teen Titans arche-foe--Slade "Deathstroke the Terminator" Wilson], like Time Warner & Disney did in past years [ex: In the era of black-and-white animation being similar for practically every company, Time Warner created Bosko & Honey--and later, Foxy & Roxy--to counter the most influential mouse husband and wife/endless lovers couple in cartoon history...Mickey & Minnie]), we'll be stuck with people having their egos inflated or whatever & nothing will be resolved.
That feud's over and in the rear-view mirror for most concerned. I'm glad to have the nice glossy DVD release from a few years ago. They might have to talk to one another for a future Blu-ray release and hopefully create some kick-butt special features, but I fear the ship has sailed on poor Roger.

There really isn't much "feuding" in today's entertainment world. There are just paper-pushing and rights issues. Eisner was the lightening rod for many a complaint, but he's gone now. The issue now is if Steven Spielberg, Iger and Disney want to do anything with the Roger Rabbit property. If they see a need, they’ll definitely take a meeting. They all just need to know the fans want to see the rabbit come back.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And if he does, I wonder who would be a great new villain, considering Judge Doom has met a fate likened to Elphaba's 1939 film & Maguire's novela version of Wicked incarnations (in that both were melted)?

Erine81981

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
That feud's over and in the rear-view mirror for most concerned. I'm glad to have the nice glossy DVD release from a few years ago. They might have to talk to one another for a future Blu-ray release and hopefully create some kick-butt special features, but I fear the ship has sailed on poor Roger.

There really isn't much "feuding" in today's entertainment world. There are just paper-pushing and rights issues. Eisner was the lightening rod for many a complaint, but he's gone now. The issue now is if Steven Spielberg, Iger and Disney want to do anything with the Roger Rabbit property. If they see a need, they’ll definitely take a meeting. They all just need to know the fans want to see the rabbit come back
I agree with you on that Jamie. I would love to see a new movie with Roger and the gang. Maybe a little more of Mickey, Donald and Goofy with him too.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was always bothered by the fact that Disney focuses more on so many characters other than their own. I would LOVE for more Mickey and Gang cartoons to come out. Mickey in the 3 Musketeers DVD release a few years back was awesome (I think) to use the characters in the best manner possible--their own film.

Now, on topic (which is weird for me to do), it was awesome to see the 3 different cartoons (which I own on VHS) before the films they preceeded. That is the way movies should be shown--with a cartoon at the beginning!

Roger Rabbit is a fun character and I think Disney should pay attention to the fact that there were awesome sales of the last DVD set that was released and how folks buy up any really nice collectibles they release for the film. Heck, Jessica Rabbit dolls have sold and then re-sold for even more money. Folks want their fix of Roger, and it's time they get something out there. Even if it's just a short before a film.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really think that if they came out with another movie today it would be huge! It's just the prefect time! I have the DVD myself!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Five things a Roger Rabbit sequel must have: Roger Rabbit, a good story, Bob Hoskins, traditional animation and a cross-company cartoon cast.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Five things a Roger Rabbit sequel must have: Roger Rabbit, a good story, Bob Hoskins, traditional animation and a cross-company cartoon cast.
Yeah, I hope that and I'm sure th creators know and are aware of all this.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope that and I'm sure th creators know and are aware of all this.
You'd think that would be true but sequels are notorious for going horribly wrong. Sometimes it seems the story comes after all the star wrangling PR and marketing.

There have been many rumored sequel pitches over the years and some don't include Bob Hoskins' inclusion. So I wouldn't take it as a given that he'd be locked in. Also he might not want to return for fear of type casting, but it doesn't appear he's been in much lately. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Um...missing something? *hint, her appearence almost made the film rated not for children*