"Save Roger Rabbit" petition--April 2003 update

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other official Roger sequel treatments included Nazis so it's not really that odd. :shifty:

And we all know why Speilberg dropped that idea. Considering he made a movie about similar subject matter that was anything but light hearted. (and I ain't talking Indiana Jones).

I always felt a sequal to Roger Rabbit would have to deal with him in the mid-50's or 60's, when the studios were shutting down their animation departments due to the increasing competition of Television. Similar to the story line in the comic book issue "I have seen the future and it is Rutabaggas?" Only, of course, the characters wouldn't age, and Jessica Rabbit wouldn't have gained 200 pounds.

Something about his career hitting a low point, and trying to get work on television with no success.

Luke

Reaction score
I'd love to see a new Roger Rabbit film, it would really need to do the original justice though, its such a good, and unique movie. I like the idea of him fighting the animation studio shutdown of the 60's.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'd love to see a new Roger Rabbit film, it would really need to do the original justice though, its such a good, and unique movie. I like the idea of him fighting the animation studio shutdown of the 60's.
Me too. Too bad there's problems to consider when dealing with sequels.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not so much fighting as coming to terms with it. Of course, the first film did deal with this sort of subject matter on a more subtle level.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, of course they'd need to be that Dog character who was in all the original shorts...What was his name? He was popular before RR right?