1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Save the Fozzie Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by muppetperson, Sep 26, 2008.

?

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

1. Yes. money is no object

122 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Yes. if he is $400-$600

40 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Yes. if he is less than $400

91 vote(s)
    33.7%
  4. No

17 vote(s)
    6.3%

1. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

OOOOOH. ok. i got it now.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

You must have overlooked my reply from Terry, a few posts back.
    Terry said he has not even been approached.
  3. muppetperson

Sadly, he doesnt.
  4. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Oops...sorry didn't see that. :rolleyes:
  5. muppetperson

A horrible thought just came into my head when I was reading the latest posts about what they could possibly have ready in time to show.Dont know if I should share it because it is only a thought, but it has something to do with an old rumor that came out about re issuing a certain character, but in a certain outfit.I was thinking if they did that, they would only need to get one character that is already around and just make an outfit.Maybe I shouldnt spread rumors!LOL.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I could go with a Reporter Kermit. Any company to pick up a Muppet poser license would need to have the frog. I have no problem with that. I know that Muppet merchandise only sells if a Kermit is available.

I know they likely won't do it, but if they released an actual puppet it would do very, very well and it would be just different enough to qualify as its own unique product. Animal and Gonzo wouldn't likely be reissued seeing that there's already enough on the market that aren't selling swiftly.

But I doubt any company will have anything ready to show for the Comic Con. It just takes too long to create a prototype and I don't know if a company is even legally allowed to develop a product while another company holds the license. I could be wrong about that. All I'm expecting is an announcement and maybe a poster.
  7. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

reporter kermit?
  8. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

an announcement is good enough. as long as i know its coming eventually, im good
  9. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

:smirk:
  10. muppetperson

I still hope it will be Fozzie!
  11. MuppetCaper

Me too, the bear is long overdue. :o
  12. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

the bear is way too long overdue. but im worried about when/if he comes, he will be a lot of money. i dont have any money to be spending away. i have like $60 saved up. and my list of things that i want to buy is ridiculously too long. and my birthday isnt till december. and plus, my parents wont buy me a $400+ fozzie replica let alone any of my other relatives. i already have gonzo, animal, fao whatnot, the comic book, and supplies to make my own puppet near the top of my list. then season 1-3 of the muppet show on dvd, then i have the continuation of my action figure collection after that, and lastly the fraggle dvd box set. and then ill probly sneak in some cheap plush and some cool collectible stuff between that stuff. and that is A LOT of money to be spending. my parents dont seen to understand how much i want these things when my birthday and christmas come around. and i get $3 a week for my chores, with most the time i dont do. my dad said i might be able to get a summer job, but i dont know where the **** he's gonna put me! no one's gonna want me to work for them. plus, isnt it illegal for me to get paid anyway? im sorry im telling u all this and its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic, but its late and im bored and dont wanna go to bed. sorry
  13. MuppetCaper

You never know Nick...there are jobs out there for your age I guess...are you at least 16? You can do what I did when I was a kid, I mowed neighbors lawns for the spring and summer. Also asked if they needed help with anything. Maybe your dad can come up with something as well. Don't feel alone, with todays economy, I understand, I just got laid off of my job and looking for work at the moment. It is a tough world, but you might be lucky and find something soon.

Good luck!
  14. Davina

Davina Member

some places will hire kids as young as 14 during the summers, though there aren't many places that will. you'd have to ask around.. but as mentioned you could do yard work for neighbors, deliver newspapers, walk dogs, etc. as well.. even younger then 14 for some of those.. all kinda depends on local regulations and options..
  15. Telly

Telly Active Member

I think it'd be cool if the new company released Reporter Kermit or even if they made different clothes for the posers.
  16. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

That'd be fine if they wanted to release a Reporter Kermit, but I hope they release Fozzie first. I understand why they'd want to get a Kermit of their own out there but, if these are truly high-priced high-quality replicas, the market has already been saturated with the original.

Money isn't necessarily a problem for me but I'm not going to spend another $200+ for a second Kermit and I'm sure most of the folks who have the MR version would feel the same way. If the MR version sold out in a week then I could understand it but that wasn't the case. I just don't see a demand and I'm afraid the line would die again before it even gets going.
  17. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

I would see no need for a reporter Kermit OR standard Kermit to be released again. It would be better to get the current buyers to get a different character than have a reissued character. I could not see him selling quick and as mentioned it could halt the line again. Just make Fozzie next!
  18. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

That is exactly my fear.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's is a Muppet merchandising imperative that the famous frog is stocked along side other characters. I do hope Fozzie's next on the market, but he (along with the future of the posers) might depend on the availability of a Kermit poser to accompany him. It's been a while since MR launched the enterprise so it will likely need a frog-reboot in some form. I'd be fine without him, but I've seen first hand how Muppet items (even posers) sell. You'd be amazed at the difference in sales of all Muppet merch when Kermit is adjacent to it. Fans have preferences and ideas, but in the end the toy company must see enough of a profit margin. Kermit provides that green thumb of success.

A good remedy would be to release Fozzie with the promise and promotion of a Reporter Kermit if bear sales are healthy.
  20. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

My thoughts exactly. Heck, even take the promo photos with the two posers together – just come out with Fozzie first.

If they do come out with a Reporter Kermit, it would also be a good idea for them to sell Kermit's jacket and hat separately – with a very steep profit margin. If done right, they may actually make more money on the accessories than they would make on a new Kermit poser.

I'm sure they'd rather sell the poser, but it'd be silly to miss out on the market of the folks who already have the MR version.