1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Save the Fozzie Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by muppetperson, Sep 26, 2008.

?

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

1. Yes. money is no object

122 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Yes. if he is $400-$600

40 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Yes. if he is less than $400

91 vote(s)
    33.7%
  4. No

17 vote(s)
    6.3%

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My boss will be there in San Diego while I tend to his shop in San Francisco. If he sees anything Muppet he's likely to photograph it for me, but it's nice to have the bases covered all over. :o
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Great.Try and get some photos from him if he does.
  3. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

That's great news, thanks for passing it along! Wow that's only 3 months away!
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It was because of him that I got the impossible to find Vinylmation Kermit. There was only one tucked away in a tiny case in a nook at the far row of booths at WonderCon so I trust his peepers for a Fozzie Bear replica. I'll also ask him to look out for Fraggley goodness if there's any around. He knows my fanatical tastes so I'm sure to get a lot of reports - and maybe some merchandise. :)
  5. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Is this refering to the photo puppets? Like Fozzie? This would be awesome!
  6. muppetperson

Yes.:) So this brings us to the next question-Is Terry involved in making the new prototype that is planned for Comic con? I sent a message to him to try and find out.
  7. MuppetCaper

Oh darn.....you beat me to it! ;)
  8. muppetperson

Just got a reply back that Terry Angus hasnt been approached to make the Muppet photo puppet replicas.
  9. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Yes, I will be at Comic-Con and hopefully can get my laptop working this year so I can post pictures.

I happen to know a lot about what's happening, but I think it's only fair to let muppetperson announce it when he's given the official word. He's done so much work to try and make this happen that he should be the one to break all the news about it.

:p
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I was wondering where you'd gone. Can you at least tell us if this new happening is a good, quality thing?
  11. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

dont know too much about comic-con. so im gonna need a teensy bit of help here. i am aloud to go right? as long as im with an adult? where and when is it?
  12. MuppetCaper

Which character is he starting out with? Fozzie again? Or a differrent one?
  13. Was Once Ernie

If everything falls into place the way it's supposed to, then yes, it is a very good, high quality thing!

14. Was Once Ernie

Hi Nick,

Comic Con International is in San Diego, California in July. Here is where you can find out about it:

Comic Con

Unfortunately, even if you could get there, it's almost sold out, so you're probably out of luck for this year.

15. MuppetCaper

Any news is good news! Thanks muppetperson for letting us know. It is better to hear it from you than anyone else. ;)
  16. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Hi gang
    I have been away from te forums for a while and I am so glad to come back and see the great news, a massive thanks to muppetperson for keeping the fire burning. I for one, like everyone here was gutted to see MR fall at the last hurdle, lets hope that things go in the right direction and Fozzie and more get made. I miss the old days when the 1st pictures were posted up and we were all getting excited over our collection. It looks like we can enjoy those times again!
    Ant
  17. Was Once Ernie

I know you and I have gotten into it in the past, MuppetCaper, but that's still a really cruel thing for you to say. :grouchy:

18. MuppetCaper

I guess that goes the same for you as well. You really need to learn to let this go, one simple mistake and I am cursed for life? I don't think so. You've knocked me down after I had made comments in the past so don't go there. If you have a problem, take it with me in private, not on the board, I cannot help that you carry a chip on your shoulder after these many years.

My comment was made to the fact that it would be nice to hear TRUE facts, not rumors, there is NOTHING wrong with that since muppetperson is the man that has been making this happen.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think we all should be happy about the potential forward motion on this product. Members of all sorts have provided useful information even if some of it didn't pan out. Even legit MR information has turned out to be erroneous in the past but none of it was due to malice. Sometimes things work out differently than planned.

I really hope these posers come out high quality and affordable. I do wonder if the new company will reissue Kermit. I can understand his rerelease, but I'd frown on the others. At least this soon. It does seem logical to start with the bear.

Keep us posted - everybody. :o
  20. muppetperson

Thanks so much for that, WOE.And everyone else for the back up support and encouragement.:)