Say Cheese!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My stereo CD player most likely.

Again, oy! Trying to keep up with all the insanity.
Next time you two decide to go on a muffining marathon, post some actual story for the rest of us please!
*Moves off to next thread, knowing it's buried under posts by the Torture Two-o.

christyb

Reaction score
Methinks someone had too much candy last night. :stick_out_tongue: Great chapter back there...ya you know the one waaaayyyy back in the thread you posted Lisa. *grabs some popcorn and settles in on the couch* Okay you two now you can continue amusing me. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh hi Sis... Brought the sodas... Can I have some popcorn please?
Now to sit back and wait for these kids to come back and post some story... After all, dearest Lisa's two full chapters behind the other... Eh, I'm not even going there anymore, let them muddle out the mathematical legistics of whatever it is they are of each other.
*Pops open soda for Christy, hands it over to her, and gets another one for myself.

christyb

Reaction score
*passes the popcorn* Here ya go! They'll get here eventually. Probably after the two of them gets off from school.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Takes a handful of popcorn. Thanks... Yeah, they'll be here later today... *Shifty eyes. With more story hopefully.

Beauregard

Reaction score
"And that was life. Life with the Muppets. Life as a dog. Life."

Sums up everything about Rowlf, ever.

Thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sums up you changing your sigline too... Either that, or you just don't have the Visions 2 continue such a great fanfic... Kind of what's happened with Flippersteps and all the other fics around here lately.
*Glouring expression... Come on guys and gals, post more story, we're dying for more fanfic!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Nine

Rowlf curled up in his doggie bed and examined his chromatic cast-bound paws by the light of a reading lamp. They were multicolored works of art, the best the boarding house could produce, a superb representation of who they were.

There were at least a dozen different colors. Each inscription had been scrawled in a different handwriting. Some sprawled across the entire cast, like Robin’s, others were smashed between the letters of surrounding messages, and every single one either covered or was covered by another. Yet, every single signature was distinct. He set about examining each one.

Just beneath Robin’s name, a marginally neater hand had added, “+ SWEETUMS.”

Floyd had managed to warp his name into the shape of a guitar, with blue teardrops seeping from it. An arrow pointed to the words, “Weepin till your fingers fly again.” Janice had signed in a small patch of flowers. “Like, drag city, real bummer about these casts. Get them off soon! Fer surely!” Dr. Teeth had added a wiggly line of piano keys and the words, “Missin your doggone golden tones- get back to ivory ticklin when you’re well and healed.” Zoot had simply written his name. Their signatures were surrounded by a smattering of musical notes, with Animal’s sprawling name covering all of them in red.

Gonzo had signed under the dog’s right wrist. “Sorry about this, but glad you’re okay. My next act is dedicated to you! (And considerably safer.) The Great Gonzo.”

The message was overlapped by another one in the black. “Just let me know if you want to try the Muppet Labs Insta-Bone-Healer! Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.” Another hand scrawled beneath it, “BEAKER.”

On his left wrist, the Swedish Chef had been short and sweet. “Bork Bork!”

There was an arrow to his elbow where a familiar hand had written in green, “Favorite joint!” There was a rainbow nearby, and it was signed, “Kermit the Frog,” with a huge spiral under the G to finish it off.

A red heart had been drawn around Kermit’s name, with Miss Piggy’s name near by. Rowlf recalled the longing with which she had drawn the heart. She had written a message, too. “So sorry moi didn’t get to the hospital with vous. Do heal soon, Rowlfie! Kissy kissy!”

Near the heel of Rowlf’s palm, a purple marker had penned, “Hope you ‘heel’ soon, dog! Don’t forget to sit and stay, too! Clifford.”

Rowlf looked over his casts and all the countless signatures, and nodded his approval.

“Rowlf?” a voice above him whispered. “Are you awake?”

Rowlf rolled his eyes up to the lofted bed above him. “Naw, Fozzie,” he drawled softly, “I fell asleep with the light on.”

Fozzie’s eyes peered down over the edge of the bed. “I didn’t know your light was on,” he said.

Rowlf took a deep breath. “Yes, Fozzie, I’m awake,” he said. He laid on his back with his head poking off of his doggie bed so that they could see each other. “What’s on your mind?”

Fozzie hesitated. “Well- you know that number Kermit and I are doing?”

“Mm-hm.”

The bear squirmed a little. “You were gonna play the piano for it, right?”

“Well that was the plan,” Rowlf said.

“Do- do you think you still can?” Fozzie asked.

“I’d be happy to try,” Rowlf said, “But I’m not sure if I can keep the tempo right.”

Fozzie looked a little depressed. “Oh,” he said quietly. “So- so who’s gonna play instead?”

Rowlf shifted slightly. “Probably Dr. Teeth,” he said.

“Oh,” Fozzie said. He slid back onto the bed and sighed.

“You worried about it?” Rowlf asked.

“Well-“ Fozzie said. “It- it’s just that… you play… different.”

“Different styles, you mean?” Rowlf asked.

“Yeah.”

Rowlf nodded. “Yeah,” he said thoughtfully, raising his paws over his head. “I guess that’s true.” He thought for a moment. “Hey Fozzie?” he said. “I could talk to Dr. Teeth about it if you’d like.”

Fozzie’s head shot back out over the edge of the bed. “You-“ He stopped, his eyes on Rowlf’s casts. “Um- no thanks, Rowlf,” he said. “I appreciate it, but- don’t worry about it.”

Rowlf pressed himself up on his elbows. “You sure?”

“Yeah,” Fozzie said, sliding back onto the bed. “I don’t wanna trouble you or anything.”

Rowlf shook his head. “It wouldn’t be any trouble,” he said.

“Well but- It’s okay, Rowlf,” Fozzie said. “You’ve got a lot on your mind.”

Rowlf stared for a moment before lifting his casts in front of his eyes. He gazed at them quietly for a long moment. He understood. He thought he understood. He hoped that he misunderstood. “Are you sure?” he asked quietly.

“I’m sure.”

Rowlf slowly lowered his casts. “Well,” he said, “If you’re sure…” He snapped the light off and curled up in his doggie bed.

“Good night, Rowlf.”

“Sleep good, Fozzie.”

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOOOPIE!!! Fozzie is so gosh darn HUGGABLE!! It's so lovely and cute and heartwarming and Fozzie!! I LOVE it! And the casts!! Oh the casts! I loved all the signatures! Tres awesome!