1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Scary Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by JaniceFerSure, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Man, if there IS an opening from Fraggle Rock into the Dark Crystal world, them little Fraggles better get the heck over there. They need to liven up the place a little bit with some jams and sillies.
    GopherCoffee and PanthraDion like this.
  2. theSHE124 Active Member

Hey! Guess what I'm doing this Halloween? I'm gonna watch 'the Terrible Tunnel' at 11:39:45 PM. Why? 'Cause I'm saving the climax at the stroke of midnight!
    ...Plus, the Terrible Tunnel is EVIL!! :eek:
  3. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I envy your preciseness XD That's pretty hardcore!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. theSHE124 Active Member

I did it, guys! I played the DVD track right on time! 20:15 is the mark! :crazy:

But it wasn't just me. My older sister joined in all the way (along with her little terrier booger, too). The Terrible Tunnel is one of my sister's favorites as we can still remember some moments we watched as little girls. Oddly enough, it's the same kinda moments that we would've run and hide from! :concern:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I think that captures the entire idea of "Halloween Spirit" :batty:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Those flowers at the Caves of Boredom that bring out some kind of horrible gas from the "Boober Rock" episode still scare me even when I was a kid.
    GopherCoffee and theSHE124 like this.
  7. Beige Fraggle Member

Which part is the climax? When Wembley saves Red and Gobo from the Terrible Tunnel?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. vettech28 Active Member

I think the climax of the episode is when Wembley first discovers the Terrible Tunnel.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. theSHE124 Active Member

Well, why don't you two try my Halloween plan for yourselves? ;) Quick note, though: check the transition cuts of your DVD collection if you have any. It has a 10-second delay with the collection I have. To really precise it, you'll need to bump the timing earlier.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Beige Fraggle Member

Well, judging from the time you plan to start it, it's obviously toward the end, since episodes are only around 20 minutes long.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. FraggleLover130 New Member

When my brother was litttle, he used to have nightmares about the Trash Heap kidnapping him..... :insatiable:
  12. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't think I was ever scared of any Fraggle Rock moments. As a kid both the Muppets and Sesame Street had things that scared me, or at least I didn't like (to the point that I wouldn't watch them with the sound on... I'd have to mute the TV or fast forward though them), but not Fraggle Rock.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

So, you weren't scared of this show... not even Gorgs?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

No, never the Gorgs. Though I didn't watch much Fraggle Rock until I was 8, at that point I saw less stuff that scared me to the point of being unable to watch without fastforwarding or turning the volume down all the way (though I did continue to do so with a lot of stuff that scared me like that for at least another decade, but by now I think I've seen all those without problem).
    GopherCoffee and muppetfan24/7 like this.
  15. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Me too! The climax will be at the stroke of midnight. I didn't know until now that the "Terrible Tunnel" was part of the Halloween spirit.

So, tonight in order I am watching "Scared Silly", "A Dark And Stormy Night", and finally "The Terrible Tunnel." I am saving "The Terrible Tunnel" for last, because the Terrible is errie, spooky, and evillll.

I am ready for this no matter what even if trick or treating is cancelled due to a bad storm.

A stormy night can be part of the Halloween spirit.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. theSHE124 Active Member

Have a Happy Halloween, Colette! :batty: Word of advice, though: You might want to check how long the transition to the DVD video will be. I push the button on mine treasure 10 sec. earlier.
    GopherCoffee and muppetfan24/7 like this.
  17. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I did it, S.h.e! I saw the episode and I cannot wait to see it again next year. The climax was at midnight and wow... brings back childhood memories.

Well, according to Muppet Wiki, this episode originally aired on February 28, 1983. I was supposed to watch that episode on the 28th of February this year, but I didn't have the first season of Fraggle Rock.

Well, I guess nowadays "The Terrible Tunnel" is a Halloween themed episode.
    theSHE124 likes this.
  18. MissKatie88 New Member

Begoony is definitely the creepiest character for me, ever since i was a little girl, i was slightly haunted by this episode...The whole obsession/ possesion thing is really disturbing in any circumstance.
  19. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh no! I wish I would have a Mokey Fraggle plush doll so I can hug her. :sigh: Begoony however did scare me to death as a kid. *shivers* Mokey shrunk all the way down to Doozer size I guess.
  20. SkeetScootSquat Active Member

How did they do that,anyway? All I know is that they used some kind of mechanism...
    theSHE124 likes this.