Schulz/Peanuts Thread

Joggy

Reaction score
Peanuts were really a 70's, 80's thing here... nowadays it's hard to find anything Peanuts-related in Holland.

I did find my old incomplete copy of "Snoopy Come Home" back. I was seven when I taped that. Every time I watched it I cried when Snoopy left definitely (with a "For sale or to let" sign on his house).

It's so great seeing it back. That little friendship song Snoopy and Woodstock play/whistle in the woods, and Woodstock arguing with Snoopy about cleaning up before going to bed are my favorite scenes. And the "No Dogs Alloooooowed" thing... how clever!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ah, the days when Sparky's finger was still in the pudding.

*Sigh.*

I should try to go back through all my old video tapes one day and see what all I have. I know I taped tons of stuff, and I probably taped the holiday specials like a million times each growing up (at least whenever they came on TV).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love Peanuts. It's always been my favorite comic. And anybody ever read "The Gospel According to Peanuts?" Brilliant. :smile:
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I own both that book and it's sequel, The Parables of Peanuts. I have not read them yet.

SgtPepper

Reaction score
My school just got done their version of "youre a good man charlie brown". I got to play Pig-Pen!! :big_grin:

And I think his cartoons are much more funnier as you get older.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Wow, this thread is 9 pages long, Foz. I guess it's pretty successful!!

I respect Sparky's decision not to have anyone else mess with his vision, but I just can't watch specials that are nothing more than recycled strips. I've read them all too many times before. I'd like to see someone take a fresh (but respectful) approach with the characters.

Thrilled to hear about the Christmas musical! Hope it comes to LA. Keep us updated.

Just curious, Foz. When you did the "Lucy-football" gag on your cousins, did they actually go flying up in the air while yelling "WAAUUUGGGHHH!" before landing on their backs? :wink:

sidcrowe

Reaction score
The only respectful thing you can do with them is leave them be. Sparky wanted them them alone after he died.

They live in our imaginations, I guess :smirk: