Scooter at The TED Conference

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Clearly he's by far the most interesting person to speak at one of those talks.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Scooter outed himself! He as much as admitted that he's a puppet! A wiggling doll! But don't worry, Scooter, you're still the same guy we've always known, and we love you no matter what you're made of.

This made me grin so wide. I've downloaded the file just in case it mysteriously disappears like the Academy Award clip did.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
2:55 - "Speaking on behalf of the global community of puppets and puppet governments..." :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

One of my favourite things about the last few years of Muppet productions (especially the virals and the new movie) has been the re-emergence of Scooter. I've always considered him to be a vastly underrated character and he has been responsible for a lot of my favourite lines over the years. I think David Rudman has done a beautiful job of making Scooter his own while staying true to Richard Hunt's original vision of the little fella.

While he's a bit more aggressive in this clip than I would expect, the theme of the piece - and its brilliant execution by Rudman - cements a great new direction for Scooter in today's geek-chic culture which still holds true to the character's classic charm and sweetness.

WAY TO GO SCOOTER!!! :wink::wink::wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, Scooter IS a little aggressive, but that's kinda an All-Muppet-All-The-Time trait where they all get so PASSIONATE about a thing, from Kermit to Piggy to Gonzo to even Robin sometimes when they are excited.

Bea:zany:{Mmm...passionate Muppets...:attitude::flirt:}regard

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just amazed how big Scooter came back after David Rudman became his performer. But it's also great they address the whole CGI/vs Puppetry debate.

After all, both are medium, both are a form of performance art, but much like painting and photography, neither should replace the other due to "convenience" or "flashiness." I like BOTH, and it's up to the artist to bring those mediums to life however they see fit. I hate one size fits all. We should have both, co-existing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Love how Scooter backed off saying Gonzo was an alien, lol.
YES! I really enjoyed that backtrack right there. Clearly he knew about the backlash it could cause in minority fan groups :stick_out_tongue: