Scooter at The TED Conference

kyunkyua

Reaction score
That is awesome! But the audience is so quiet. I know I would've been doing some crazy cheering.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That is awesome! But the audience is so quiet. I know I would've been doing some crazy cheering.
The footage is only picking up David's mic, so you wouldn't be able to hear the crowd well through it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The footage is only picking up David's mic, so you wouldn't be able to hear the crowd well through it.
I noticed that too. You can see the audience laughing and clapping at certain points so they were definitely reacting, you just can't hear them too well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, it was so strange to hear him without any kind of laugh track...Makes me wonder what would have happened to the comic delivery of TMS if the laugh track was removed...Someone should get on that as an after-school project!

Bea:zany:{*insert canned laughter here*}regard

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I am so happy Scooter made a comeback here. I think of Jim Henson's and Richard Hunt's deaths this way; the Muppets they did "suffer a blow" where some are silenced and reduced to background characters. This was mostly evident on Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Janice, and especially Link Hogthrob and Scooter. Scooter made a seven year absence after Richard Hunt's death! I'm pleased to see Scooter is coming back, and to celebrate...

MARCH OF THE SCOOTERS!!!!!
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's OK, Scooter's Daddy always liked playing aggressive characters, lol. :wink:
In context, Scooter has always been nerdy. Having him get annoyed at the countless techie-wannabes that think everything's better if it's all made on computers is completely in character... heck it's in character for US!

How many times have we seen someone pop on the board JUST to say, "Sure, I sorta kinda liked them when I was five... but COME ON! The wave of the future is ugly half breed reality and cartoon looking animals pasted onto the screen of uninterested actors interacting with tennis balls and cardboard cutouts!" Even on a visual level, I don't see why the Garfield Movie and Personality Devoid Ranger Smith's lame Attempt to Get Family Friendly Some And Yogi Bear is somewhere in there too The Yogi bear movie just seem so plastic.

CGI can bring us some great things... like Up and Monsters Vs. Aliens and stuff like that. It can be the flashy substance that makes a terrible film like Alpha Omega or Planet 51 look better than it really is...

Or... it can bring us completely amateurish, poorly done, F-grade student local commercials:

A sock puppet with poorly hot glued eyes that fall off mid-commercial looks a crapload more professional than that one.

Sheesh! No wonder Scooter's a bit aggressive at this conference.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, it was so strange to hear him without any kind of laugh track...Makes me wonder what would have happened to the comic delivery of TMS if the laugh track was removed...Someone should get on that as an after-school project!

Bea:zany:{*insert canned laughter here*}regard
I think that would look weird because you can tell there are times when the characters pause to wait for the laugh track, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
"Nerdy" by the definition of someone who has tastes outside of "the norm" (whatever that is) and is passionate about it. Or is that geek? I forget... the words are almost interchangeable. He really seemed to geek out over some of the guest stars. So it would be only natural to be that passionate about puppetry. I can see the character having a LOT of comic books at home. He did in that promotional photo for MTM where they're in the lockers.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching the video and it was great! I always like when Muppet characters appear in real-life situations.