Scooter: who's who

Chilly Down

Reaction score
You're right that he wasn't in the movies much, Super Scooter. That's why I mentioned Muppets Tonight. He's a great "fill-in" character, so why they assign lines to generic Muppets when they could use a character that everyone loves...I don't get it.

Wiggy, your plot idea sounds cool. That's probably what the plot for MFS should have been in the first place.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thanks. I plan to write out an entire script on my own at first, and then once all the dialog and ideas are on papaer, I'll try to find someone who knows how to puts things in a true script form.

A follow up movie to MFS would be nice. Of course making it unofficial is best because then there is no up front link to MFS which didn't do so well by the fans standards.

I also think having a lot of the movie in the muppet theater would be cool at the beggining. Maybe even throw a musical act and maybe a Vet's Hospital act on before Gonzo gets the message. That would be great for the fans and great comedy for the movie. And of course I'll make this a muppet movie and not a Gonzo movie like MFS became.

Does anyone know if it's possible to write a script and send it to JHC for possible production?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I believe they don't accept any outside submissions, because if they ever end up doing anything remotely similar to your project, you could sue. Same with TV shows -- if you want to write for CSI, you don't send them a CSI script, or they won't even look at it for legal reasons. You send them a Law & Order script instead.

Of course, if someone has information to the contrary about JHC, feel free to let me know. I would have submitted a Muppet script ages ago if I thought they would look at it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So what script do we send to JHC? Spongebob? LOL! (ducks):embarrassed:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
That's what makes it so tricky. See, there's nothing else LIKE the Muppets. If you wanted to write for Sesame, I suppose you could write a Between the Lions...but what on earth would you write for regular Muppets? Simpsons is often used as a comparison point on this site, but I'm not sure that's similar enough to show them you know what you're doing. Hmmm....

WiGgY

Reaction score
Hmm..this is tough. Perhaps I could sign something saying I wouldn't sue? I'd love to have someone at JHC read the script if I ever wrote it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Re: Jamie,

Originally posted by Warrick
Yeah John was performing Dr Teeth in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, All his lines got cut tho !

see ya
i read somewhere that bill perfromed dr. teeth and that john was an extra performer that didn't do dr. teeth..

ryan

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I don't know why people are complaining about the new puppeteers' having voices just a little too high or too low. I usually can't tell any difference. In fact, I can tell the difference between Jim Henson's early Ernie ("Rubber Duckie") and his later one ("Do de Rubber Duck") much more easily than I can tell the later one from Steve Whitmire's version.

WiGgY

Reaction score
That's a very good point. All the voices have changed over time. Even those still done by the same person. Gonzo is probably the best example of this. With the way Steve does Ernie now it's almost impossible to tell the difference between him and Jim's later Ernie.

It's interesting to analize the new voices and what not, but I think everyone would agree that it's great to have the characters being perfromed no matter who does them. (except Statler who should be done by Steve :big_grin:)